Painting and decorating, plaster mouldings, Artexing questions

Moderator: Moderators

lostbulak
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hand painting UPVC windows

Post by lostbulak »

Hi all! Can someone please give me an idea on how much i should be paying for someone to paint my UPVC windows please? I also need my conservatory and porch (both UPVC) painted.

Thanks
Someone-Else

Post by Someone-Else »

I always thought you do NOT paint UPV, give it a good clean yes, paint no.

As for how much (same for any "how much" question) Suppose "Dave" said £270 and "Katie" said £507+vat You would still have no idea who is right (or closer) so you would still have to ask people to visit site and quote for the job.
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
Grendel

Post by Grendel »

I've painted a customer's pvc windows , well the upstairs ones anyway. He'd got the paint , sorry can't remember what it was but it was evidently made for painting pvc/plastic windows and he'd done all the lower ones but didn't want to go up a ladder. Been past a few times since painting it a couple of years ago and it still looks ok , still that sage green colour.
As to how much it should cost that depends on how much a painter charges , how many windows , how many opening windows for that matter , and what the access is like , can it be done off a ladder or is scaffolding needed. Not really possible to give an answer.
bitzz

Post by bitzz »

Kolorbond, is the recognised paint for doing UPVC windows. They do 2 versions water based and oil based, google the company and ask for Simon talk to him about the products and this could give you an idea how much you should be paying.

Return to “Painting & Decorating Forum”