large stretch of old wallpaper come off behind radiator.

Painting and decorating, plaster mouldings, Artexing questions

Moderator: Moderators

penandink
Newly registered Member

Post by penandink »

Okay, only used the little tubes of fix and repair before for small problems with old wallpaper but this time it is a complete long stretch of wallpaper which needs sticking back. Would I be better off using traditional wallpaper paste for this or is there something different in the tubes which makes them better? If all fails I have found an old roll of the wallpaper which had been stored away in the 1970's. Would it be better to use that? The situation is behind a massive radiator on an outside wall which I think was the problem in the first place. Grateful for any advice. Obviously not going to attempt anything in the humid situation we have at the moment. Grateful for some advice. Many thanks.
toolbox

Post by toolbox »

heavy duty paste and an extended mini roller to apply paste with a clean roller to smooth the paper.

This sort of thing and tufted not foam rollers.
https://paintwell.co.uk/prodec-24-inch- ... rgEALw_wcB
You can often get a set with a rubber roller for paper if you prefer.
penandink
Newly registered Member

Post by penandink »

Many thanks for that. There is an industrial estate a few miles up the road which has a paintwell - so I can pick stuff up easily. Heatwave should break in a few days and I am good to go! Thank - you again for your help.

Return to “Painting & Decorating Forum”