Moderator: Moderators

Bob3435
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Erbuer EAPS 600

Post by Bob3435 »

Hi guys

I am new to the forum and have recently dipped into a bit of painting and decorating.
After having my living room ceiling airless sprayed with an erbuer eaps 600 and seeing the quality of the finish I went out and purchased one.

my first project I am using johnstones perfect Matt and have been told to use 20% water if using a sprayer, I was wondering if anyone on here has had experience using this sprayer or even this sprayer with this type of paint and if so what ratio of water to use?

thank you all in advance
dynamod
Elephant Man

Erbuer EAPS 600

Post by dynamod »

I used to have a DeVilbiss airless many years ago for painting outside walls, particularly roughcast. It was a monster of a thing and could spray unthinned masonry paint all day, but they are normally used for larger jobs. Unless I was doing large commercial or industrial sized areas, I would personally stick to brush and roller for a domestic project.

That's not the answer I suspect you want, so I'd say that 20% dilution for a smaller powered airless is fine. Overthinning isn't what you want, but be very careful the paint is correctly mixed with a drill attachment and clean of all contamination.

The act of spraying is fairly easy to pick up, but learning dilution/tip sizes and pressure combinations are where the skill lies. It's too long winded to really get into here, but the internet and YouTube will have plenty of tutorials and info.

I know that must sound a cop out, but you will pick most of the finer details up as you go. :thumbright:
Nihil expectore in omnibus
Puma

Erbuer EAPS 600

Post by Puma »

I always used to thin by eye. You just want it at the point where all the plateaus of paint just disappear after pouring for a machine like that. 20% is probably too much.

As Dynamod says use a machine mixer to thin out the paint. This way the paint stays mixed - if you do it by hand the water tends to start rising to the surface again after a few minutes. I retail these mixers at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202790808209 and think they are the best as they are the only ones that scrape the bottom of the tin and are easy to clean.

For your first go it is very very tempting to spray too much on so I always recommend just trying to lay a thin coat down for the first 10 minutes until you get a feel for it. All the best.
Bob3435
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Erbuer EAPS 600

Post by Bob3435 »

Thanks guys

what ratio would you guys recommend for the type of sprayer I am using? as I do not want to clog the sprayer ( paint is not cheap as you guys know)

Return to “Painting & Decorating Forum”