Airless Spraying Advice (Erbauer EASP600)

Painting and decorating, plaster mouldings, Artexing questions

Moderator: Moderators

justaguy
Newly registered Member

Post by justaguy »

I'm looking for a bit of advice on using an airless paint sprayer.

I've recently purchased an Erbauer EAPS600 from Screwfix to tackle the redecoration of our 1930 semi - I chose the EAPS600 because it seems to have some favourable reviews on the Screwfix site and some positive comments from users on YouTube, and because the price was affordable.

I'm struggling to spray an even mist coat and I'm guessing it could be something to do with pressure.

I've strained and thinned (50/50) some Dulux Matt Emulsion, and I'm struggling to find the sweet spot.

Too low a pressure and the gun keeps stopping, but raising the pressure is causing extra paint to be thrown out the gun each time the motor kicks in as the unit aims to keep the pressure up - meaning paint runs and me having to quickly grab a roller to even it out before it dries.

I'm guessing for the £199 price tag, you get what you pay for, but like I say I bought it based on the strength of some of the comments from professional painters so wondering whether or not I've got 'a dud'.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated - I've got a lot of walls and ceilings to paint ;)

Thanks in advance!
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

I can't comment on the Erbauer but I have the Wagner 250M which looks kinda similar. I dilute 20% and strain through a sieve. I don't have any bother with it. When it spits it's normally a sign of a blockage.

Return to “Painting & Decorating Forum”