Kitchen Paint Recommendation

Painting and decorating, plaster mouldings, Artexing questions

Moderator: Moderators

mrsparks

Post by mrsparks »

Looking for recommendations for kitchen paint - for walls and ceiling. Ceiling will be white, walls will be pale but not white. What are people using these days?

It's actually a kitchen/diner and there's two separated ceilings so I could use different paint on the two parts, in theory.
Tom d'Angler

Post by Tom d'Angler »

Personally, I would use:

Tikkurila Anti Reflex White 2 on the ceiling
Dulux Trade Diamond Matt on the walls.

I've used the above combination on many kitchens, including my own, and the results are excellent.

For me, the best place to buy both paints for price, quality (of colour mixing), customer service, and fast delivery is paintersworld.co.uk.

Hope that helps...
These users thanked the author Tom d'Angler for the post:
mrsparks (Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:40 pm)
Rating: 7.14%
mrsparks

Post by mrsparks »

Tom d'Angler wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:44 pm Personally, I would use:

I've used the above combination on many kitchens, including my own, and the results are excellent.

For me, the best place to buy both paints for price, quality (of colour mixing), customer service, and fast delivery is <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">paintersworld.co.uk</span>.

Hope that helps...
Thanks. Do you happen to know the coverage of the AR2? I can't find any info on their website. It's probably a moot point because I would image 10L (which is all they sell on paintersworld) is going to be plenty, with enough to spare for other jobs.

I take it the AR2 performs well in the kitchen environment with steam from kettles/hob and suchlike?
mrsparks

Post by mrsparks »

mrsparks wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:03 pm
Tom d'Angler wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:44 pm Personally, I would use:

For me, the best place to buy both paints for price, quality (of colour mixing), customer service, and fast delivery is <span class="skimlinks-unlinked"><span class="skimlinks-unlinked">paintersworld.co.uk</span</span>

Hope that helps...
Thanks. Do you happen to know the coverage of the AR2? I can't find any info on their website. It's probably a moot point because I would image 10L (which is all they sell on paintersworld) is going to be plenty, with enough to spare for other jobs.

I take it the AR2 performs well in the kitchen environment with steam from kettles/hob and suchlike?
Found it - 10sqm per litre
These users thanked the author mrsparks for the post:
Tom d'Angler (Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:46 pm)
Rating: 7.14%
Tom d'Angler

Post by Tom d'Angler »

mrsparks wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:03 pm It's probably a moot point because I would image 10L (which is all they sell on paintersworld) is going to be plenty, with enough to spare for other jobs.
It comes in 3L tubs too, although paintersworld are out of stock of those at the moment.
mrsparks wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:03 pm I take it the AR2 performs well in the kitchen environment with steam from kettles/hob and suchlike?
It has in mine and no complaints from customers whose kitchens I've used it in. It's designed for ceilings as it doesn't "flash". I wouldn't use it on walls.

Return to “Painting & Decorating Forum”