Another one bites the dust

This forum is for topics or posts that do not fit into any other forum, this includes online games such as word Association etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Someone-Else

Post by Someone-Else »

Been having problems with email (can't send, but can receive) Tried deleting email account, re installing it etc all to no avail (I have a website and the email has the website name) Turns out the webhost has gone bust, so I have set up a new website. (Rather than wait and see what does or does not happen)
Do any of you have a website? (Mine was blank, just so I can have the emails)
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
chrrris

Post by chrrris »

I did my main work website using Google Sites. It's free, easy to use (online browser-based editor). The only downside that I can see is it has the words "Powered by Google Sites" at the bottom of every page (not a big deal for me), and I probably inadvertently agreed to Google owning my a**e, the a**e of my firstborn, etc. etc. in some hideous T&C thing that I didn't bother to read.

I seem to remember it was a bit of a pain to link the whole shebang to www.[mydomain].co.uk, but it can't have been all that difficult as I managed it eventually.

You don't *need* a website if you just want your own domain for receiving mail, although it seems to be almost expected. You can set up a domain with a hosting company and just have them handle e-mail for the domain if you want.
Haste is the enemy of quality.

Return to “The Lounge”