Best place to find Howdens discontinued stock (kitchen)?

Wood working questions and answers in here please

Moderator: Moderators

mtuj
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Best place to find Howdens discontinued stock (kitchen)?

Post by mtuj »

Hello, new poster here...I'm hoping someone on this forum can help me as I'm getting fairly desperate!

For the last 3 months or so, I've been trying to find two items needed to complete a Howdens Tewkesbury Oak kitchen...specifically, a length of cornice and a length of pelmet for a wall-mounted cupboard.

The problem is I believe these parts are now discontinued, and although my local Howdens branch has been trying to source these items for me, and despite going backwards and forwards for months, getting the rep out to see the kitchen, contacting larger depots, running all sorts of searches etc, we've drawn a complete blank. I've even been personally speaking to larger depots much further afield but still no joy.

Does anyone know of a third-party supplier who may actually stock Howdens discontinued items? Presumably any left over stock like this must go somewhere if the manufacturer themselves don't have it any more...?

Thanks if anyone can help at all...

Mark
steviejoiner74

Re: Best place to find Howdens discontinued stock (kitchen)?

Post by steviejoiner74 »

eBay or gumtree is your best bet.
These users thanked the author steviejoiner74 for the post:
mtuj
Rating: 7.14%
Carpentry,I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.
mtuj
Newly registered Member

Post by mtuj »

Cheers, have been looking on there on and off but no joy yet. As a last desperate roll of the dice I'm thinking about writing to Howdens head office, not really expecting miracles though...
Dazzer

Post by Dazzer »

this may not be the answer you're after but i did a job recently where the kitchen was IKEA or something like that - same problem I needed more pelmet and cornice. I couldn't source an exact match so got a very near colour match in a different style - from Howdens actually and replaced the lot, it was more expensive than just piecing a section in but was driving the customer nuts and we had to do something. He's happy with the results and all is good..
These users thanked the author Dazzer for the post:
mtuj
Rating: 7.14%
mtuj
Newly registered Member

Post by mtuj »

Cheers mate, looking like I'll be going down that road, was just hoping to get hold of the exact bits. Glad Howdens were able to help you out though, I suppose it's all swings and roundabouts really :-)

Return to “Carpentry/Joinery Forum”