Man Utd vs Man City

Anything to do with sport in this forum please.

Moderator: Moderators

dissingtonwalker
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Man Utd vs Man City

Post by dissingtonwalker »

Looks like Manchester United have the edge this year as the Premier League heads into Christmas. In previous years by now normally you have a clear view to who is in the driving seat to be crowned title winners. Last season was epic with magnificent football and electrifying crucial games. This year I can see it is clear that the Premier League is going to become a 2 horse race between the two Manchester clubs, they seem to be the most consistent and are gradually pulling a gap away from the rest of the competition. With Man City taking an early exit from europe they have more concentration on retaining the Premier League title whereas Fergusonis firmly eyeballing the Champions League.

With the signing of RV Persie in the summer and the bringing in of Kagawa Ferguson has really got the force to score goals and lot's of them, the problem though.. lies with his talented yet shaky defensive. Vidic has now returned and could add a sense of security making the defence a task to break. This is yet to be tested as he only made a come back as a substitute at the weekend.
kellys_eye

Re: Man Utd vs Man City

Post by kellys_eye »

This was a party political broadcast on behalf of the 'who-gives-a-t0ss' party.....
Don't take it personally......
thescruff

Post by thescruff »

Not a Utd lover then KE :lol:
dissingtonwalker
Newly registered Member

Definately not a UTD lover! KE ;)
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

I don't deny anyone their own particular sport and the support it attracts. True I don't have a particular love for football - overpaid, over acting nancies for the most part :lol:

But..... come onnnnnnnn....... that post was a write-up for a football fanzine, not a DIY site FFS :lol: I hazard a guess that it's exactly where it came from too (cut'n'paste maybe?) :dunno:

If not, it should be, and the OP should consider sending a copy to their local rag.........
thescruff

Post by thescruff »

How about snooker.

Clandown are battling it out with Marksbury again, with Clandown (me) 4 point in the lead but played one more match.

Last year champions are looking good. :huray:
Attachments
snooker league table.jpg
snooker league table.jpg (54.67 KiB) Viewed 3498 times
dissingtonwalker
Newly registered Member

kellys_eye wrote:I don't deny anyone their own particular sport and the support it attracts. True I don't have a particular love for football - overpaid, over acting nancies for the most part :lol:

But..... come onnnnnnnn....... that post was a write-up for a football fanzine, not a DIY site FFS :lol: I hazard a guess that it's exactly where it came from too (cut'n'paste maybe?) :dunno:

If not, it should be, and the OP should consider sending a copy to their local rag.........
Agreed they're overpaid and nancies...

This is a "sports" section to the forum so may I suggest that it is OK to write a topic on anything you please through this section. If I am quite honest I am quite amazed you think I "cut'n'paste" from a football fanzine... tut tut!

If the thread doesn't fit your interests merely don't comment??
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

:lol: take it in the manner it's given :lol:
kelly_eye wrote:I don't deny anyone their own particular sport and the support it attracts.
I was rather overwhelmed by the 'intensity' of the post - as said, something you'd find in a fanzine, not so much a DIY website (albeit in the proper sports section). We don't often get such comments in a post. I'd have thought someone with that kind of dedication to football would post 'intense' comments where they'd be properly appreciated rather than in a fairly unobtrusive corner of a DIY site. Your writing is fluent and really does deserve a fanzine column if you're genuine in your prose.

The scruff epitomises the usual sporting comment in this part of the forum :lol: and I would love to watch him play!

Then again, I do have a habit of spouting off...... on ANY subject - regulars will know this :lol:
dissingtonwalker
Newly registered Member

;) KE your reply seems slightly complementary! Agreed the thread carried detail and yes it's not your usual post in a DIY forum, however I'm the director of a painting and decorating outfit and a change of subject other than god damn trade, products and the general garbage to do with buisness and the building seems quite fitting for me from time to time! Hey ho, you've entertained me and your replies are enjoyable to read! :cheers:
moderator6
UHM Super Moderator

Post by moderator6 »

thescruff wrote:How about snooker.

Clandown are battling it out with Marksbury again, with Clandown (me) 4 point in the lead
Looks like your going to walk it again Scruff :thumbright:

Mind you I can't play snooker or pool.

Not since someone told me it's like giving a handjob to a man behind you. :lol:
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

mod6 wrote:Not since someone told me it's like giving a handjob to a man behind you. :lol:
:lol: :lol: NOW we're getting to my level :lol:
dissingtonwalker wrote:I'm the director of a painting and decorating outfit and a change of subject other than god damn trade, products and the general garbage to do with buisness and the building seems quite fitting for me from time to time!
Damn right! With you all the way on that approach :thumbright: Carry on, that man..... :wink:

They're still a bunch of overpaid nancies tho..... :lol:
dissingtonwalker
Newly registered Member

Well your about to see the biggest nancy of all the nancies.. Ronaldo returns to Old Traffod! Man Utd have drawn up against the giant Real Madrid in the champions league, I'm already there, well the Old Trafford affair anyway.

Return to “The Sport corner”