DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:08 pm
Visit Thermo worx

Time zone: Europe/London

Post subject: You hear about it
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:42 am 
Newly registered Member

A month ago got a call from from a guy asking if I could go round and have a look at his guttering for him, he told me that it needed de-weeding in places and there was a drip on a few joints and a bad one over the front door. "be round tomorrow" says I, "Great" he says" but I won't be there.
I turned up and sure enough the gutter did indeed need weeding and I could see the joint, a running outlet dripping not quite above the front door though and a few sags that a couple of extra brackets would sort out. nice job done, bucket of muck disposed of on his compost heap, ladders back on the roof rack and then the postman asked me if I was going back up the drive and could I poke the mail in the letterbox. This is when we all get a bit nosey and look to see what mail he's getting right? SH*T Horrors .... I was at the wrong house in the wrong road.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+
 Post subject: Re: You hear about it
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:55 pm 
Troll Headbutter

:lol:

Classic. Almost like my house.....wife was inside minding her own and she was SURE she could hear someone in the gated back garden. Goes out and a bloke is up a ladder on my roof fixing tiles!!!!!!!!!

She's shouts him down and asks what the hell he's doing - they had the wrong house, but we got a few tiles put back for free! :lol:

:mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: You hear about it
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:59 pm 

my dad asked our scaffolders to go and put a scaffold up at a house a while back. he then drove past them and they were just finishing putting it up at the wrong house. he parked up and said are you coming to my job next lads? the scaffy said your effin kiddin me? this is your job. no its not my dad said. my job is caldwell villas. thats round the corner. scaffolder said no geoff... this is caldwell villas.

turned out my dad had taken the wrong address for the job down. was pretty funny like. and my dad got some stick and still does off the scaffolder. and he obviously had to pay twice for the scafold.

Time zone: Europe/London