DIY Forum

Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:44 pm
Visit Hilti

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:57 pm 

It is making me angry seeing all these idiots protesting at the US presidents visit. I think it is very insulting to allow that blimp by parliament and the Mayor should be ashamed. Why are people so upset at a president when it really does not affect them in any way, and I bet half have never been to the states.

If you believe in democracy then if you are on the minority side in an election then accept that more people had an alternative view to you. Too many folk these days keep on and on objecting until they get their own way. They should shut the f*ck up. I have stopped watching the TV news as it so biased, and I am selective what I read in the papers. This Brexit thing is getting me down, we should just leave and set up trade tariffs. There would soon be deals struck. And Europe should pay their fair share for NATO it is them that are vulnerable not a country 4000 miles away so why should the USA pay the most?

I quite like Donald Trump. And if you do not then that is your own view.

DWD

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+

For this message the author dewaltdisney has received thanks - 2: chrrris, ultimatehandyman
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:27 pm 

What do you like about him? The racism, sexism, admitted sexual abuse, the blatent lying in the face of facts, the incoherent ramblings? I mean there are so many good things to choose from I just don't know what is my favourite thing about him.

For this message the author Rorschach has received thanks - 4: Argyll, big-all, Gadget, Job and Knock
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:28 pm 

Agree, the media is horrifically biased against anything 'populist' - but I don't think, for an instance, that objectors to Trump are in the majority. Their influence is vastly overstated and over-reported and it is this way to make people 'believe' in the same way that the media were all pro-Hilary Clinton or pro Remain right up until the results came in - and then the media had the audacity to be surprised at the result!

If the truth was reported honestly by the media then the Government, EU, Globalists, Corporates etc would by right royally screwed.

Those that believe the worst in Trump are the gullible and guileless who place trust in the likes of the BBC and Guardian et al. Thank God we have the internet.....

And let's face it - if Trump was as 'bad' as the media constantly make him out to be he wouldn't be President now nor likely to get re-elected shortly either. Millions of people can't be wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:32 pm 

Rorschach wrote:
What do you like about him?

His straightforward talk. His refusal to do things because they are 'politically correct'. His belief in America and the American people. His retraction of all the shite that Obama introduced. His objection to the fakeness of the Climate Brigade......

or are you a believer in his 'links to Russia' too?

Wake up and smell the covfefe - not the sh*t from the media's arses.

For this message the author kellys_eye has received gratitude : chrrris
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:52 pm 

I'd like to say he's an arrogant self-serving toad - but that would be uncharitable to Toads.

For this message the author ayjay has received thanks - 3: Argyll, Gadget, Job and Knock
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:00 pm 

kellys_eye wrote:
Rorschach wrote:
What do you like about him?

His straightforward talk. His refusal to do things because they are 'politically correct'. His belief in America and the American people. His retraction of all the shite that Obama introduced. His objection to the fakeness of the Climate Brigade......

or are you a believer in his 'links to Russia' too?

Wake up and smell the covfefe - not the sh*t from the media's arses.

Ah yes the fabled straight forward talk, yet to see an example of that, it's all back talk, hypocrisy and bull.

Unless you mean the straight forward racism, sexism etc.

"Millions can't be wrong" oh yes they bloody can. At the risk of decaying into Godwin's law, Hitler was democratically elected, were millions wrong there? Or did you like his straightforward talk too? He believed in the German people, the fake media, the evil immigrants.

No I don't believe his links to Russia, if he is being influenced by Russia it's either through stupidity or blackmail. I believe he genuinly likes Putin though, he is a tin pot dictator like Trump aspires to be.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:59 pm 

Ahhh, Godwins Law - glad you recognise the symptoms - you should.......

And to state that 'Millions can be wrong' similarly exposes you to the fact that you can't stand democracy - in any form. 'You' are part of a serious problem with this world. If people vote, democratically, for Trump (or Brexit) and it fux over their lives as a result well...... that's democracy for you. Or perhaps we should just throw our freedoms to the wind and allow mindless leftist hypocrites tell us all how we should run our lives? After all, everything THEY say is correct and irrefutably benign, making all our lives 'complete', isn't it?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:00 pm 

There is my point R, why are you interested in the US president, good or bad? Do you have links to the USA?. I thought Obama was bloody useless but I never would have said anything, it was not my problem even though I have been to the USA about five times so I suppose I have felt the mood from Americans I have spoken to and they have mostly been pro Trump last time I was there.

I am just trying to understand the reason why people do not like him enough to go and join a protest about his visit?

DWD

For this message the author dewaltdisney has received gratitude : kellys_eye
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:02 pm 

Putin loves Russia and the Russian people - just as Trump loves America and the American people.

EXACTLY like Treason May 'loves' Britain and the British people or the EU loves Europe and the Europeans (/sarc) - when, as you should be well aware, they are screwing us over and laughing in our faces as they do so.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:39 pm 

Did I ever say he wasn't democratically elected?

I don't have a problem with democracy, I have a problem with the person voted for and partly the people who voted for him.

Just because people voted for it, doesn't make it right, or good. I still accept that it happened though.

And DWD yes I do have strong links to the USA both in a personal and business sense. Trump is hurting a lot of people I care about and has hurt my business seriously as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:09 pm 

Rorschach wrote:
I don't have a problem with democracy, I have a problem with the person voted for and partly the people who voted for him.

How the hell does that work? If you have one (no problem with democracy) you can't have the other (a problem with the person/those that voted for them).

That's just........ stupid!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:40 pm 

kellys_eye wrote:
Rorschach wrote:

How the hell does that work? If you have one (no problem with democracy) you can't have the other (a problem with the person/those that voted for them).

That's just........ stupid!

No it isn't. I can agree with a democratic system even if I don't like the outcome.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:00 pm 

Fair enough R, you have your own grounds if it is affecting you personally. I just think the majority of moaners have no real reason to be motivated to have a go at him apart from the usual band of lefties and sheep.

Look at all that lefty pap on the BBC when Obama got elected. The first black president was going to change the lives of all black people. They are still waiting.

DWD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:18 pm 

I could've sworn that I heard a BBC news correspondent refer
to the Trump administration as 'The Chump administration'
I am growing weary of the left and their petulant actions, the blimp for
a start, very un-statesman like.
We're having enough problems with europe, no need to burn more bridges.

For this message the author jaeger has received thanks - 2: chrrris, dewaltdisney
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:11 am 
Pro Carpenter

dewaltdisney wrote:
It is making me angry seeing all these idiots protesting at the US presidents visit. I think it is very insulting to allow that blimp by parliament and the Mayor should be ashamed. Why are people so upset at a president when it really does not affect them in any way, and I bet half have never been to the states.

If you believe in democracy then if you are on the minority side in an election then accept that more people had an alternative view to you. Too many folk these days keep on and on objecting until they get their own way. They should shut the f*ck up. I have stopped watching the TV news as it so biased, and I am selective what I read in the papers. This Brexit thing is getting me down, we should just leave and set up trade tariffs. There would soon be deals struck. And Europe should pay their fair share for NATO it is them that are vulnerable not a country 4000 miles away so why should the USA pay the most?

I quite like Donald Trump. And if you do not then that is your own view.

DWD

to be fair the protests are not not against the position he holds as the representative as the president of the usa
its against his actions in there name and often in a way that would bring mere mortals into into prison as perverts or yobs with no regard for what is acceptable within a decent society

for so long now examples have been made from the poorer in society whilst the rich are pardon or excused as being more worthy off "understanding " where the same or far worse actions are forgiven because the are "decent people" :shock: