DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:32 am
Visit Thermo worx

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:06 pm 

For me its that time of year to buy some more "clothes for work" I seem to like "Regatta" trousers but I am thinking they look too scruffy after a short time. (Not with splashes of paint or general grime etc, just old and tired) and a Polo shirt (Going for Fruit of the loom)

So what is your preferred brand of trousers and tops? (I really don't like T shirts much at all)

Which is correct? Metre or Meter? Click the link. to find out more.

No such thing as "Thou shalt put this wire here, Thou shalt put that wire there" .............Take a picture BEFORE you do the job.

If gloom had a voice, it would be me. :mrgreen:

:idea1: How to post a picture on this forum Click here

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:19 pm 

someone-else wrote:
For me its that time of year to buy some more "clothes for work" I seem to like "Regatta" trousers but I am thinking they look too scruffy after a short time. (Not with splashes of paint or general grime etc, just old and tired) and a Polo shirt (Going for Fruit of the loom)

So what is your preferred brand of trousers and tops? (I really don't like T shirts much at all)
I've just ordered some personalised polo shirts from a company near me in West Yorkshire, after being messed around by a previous supplier.

This is their website

https://www.xamax.co.uk

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:56 pm 

i wear snickers floor layer trousers. and i have personalised t shirts and polo shirts. i have my name and joinery with a little logo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:00 am 

"Site" brand shorts in the summer, and similar longs for the winter. Reasonably priced from screwfix. You do need to order the next size up to what you'd usually wear, as they come up very skinny. They last well though, and have a ton of well-stitched pockets.

I have a pair of "Dickies" branded trousers that were awful. Split apart at the crotch on the second wear. Absolute rubbish IMHO.

Tops tend to be random t-shirts. I have some proper pikey ones if I'm doing anything poo related, or siliconing (I always get silicone down me when doing a bath or shower). Sometimes a fleece in the winter, but it has to be bloody cold before I consider wearing more than a t-shirt as being cold is usually a sign of slacking IMHO! I work in London though, so it's very rarely below 0C here.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:36 am 

None! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:07 am 

Shirt wise I'm in a logoed polo shirt normally . Brought about four years ago , made by Uneek ( no I'd not really heard of them either till I looked at the label) , bit of fading but holding up fine. Other than that simple cotton check shirts available on just about any market.
Trouser wise I have some lightweight green work trousers that came from Aldi or Lidl that don't seem too bad or otherwise it's jeans. I've also got some german army fatigues which are a sort of dull olive colour that I got in an eBay job lot. With the jeans it's normally old going out pairs that I'm told aren't good enough for that any more rather than trousers brought specifically for work. It's also worth checking out your local charity shops , the other half has picked up a decent bit for next to nothing before now.
Then once a pair of trousers , jeans or padded shirt is damaged it gets patched . Normally one pair will provide patching materials for repairs to three or four other pairs . Only comment I've ever had was from one woman who said she thought the patching was very neatly done.
In the job lot that I mentioned I also got a full set of DPM waterproofs which gets carried around too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:58 pm 

just checked mine and the polo's are gildan brand. never heard of em. the lad i got em from said they were decent so ill trust him on that. known him for years so he wouldnt flog me crap thats gonna fall to bits.

i need some new work boots soon as the laces are goosed and the stitching is coming away. still i cant complain ive had over a year out of them so far.

ive also got the bean bag filled knee pads that snickers do.

personally i think you look so much more professional with propper work trousers no matter what the make. boots and then weather you have branded t shirts or plain t shirts or polo's. some of the lads i occasionally work with turn up like a total rag bag bunch. i bet it gets noticed by the customers too. and as to the cost i paid about £120 for 5 t shirts and 5 polo shirts and the cost of having my logo digitised by the embroidery company. but in future if i was to order the same again it would be around about £20 cheaper.

i deffo prefer the snickers trousers over other types too. plus ive found they last longer than a pair of jeans by about 10 times. ive had well over a year out of the 2 pairs i currently have. think theyre just about coming to the end now or certainly one pair is.

For this message the author fin has received gratitude : getthewheelsinline