DIY Forum

Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate Handyman Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:55 pm
Visit Thermo worx

Time zone: Europe/London

Post subject: Re: What do I want?
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:23 pm 

Col; your typically generous offer motivated me to go and take the wiper blade off of my old van and I'm going to have a go with the metal inserts from that first, they look quite good, the size is just about perfect, but unusually they are not in particularly good condition. Whenever I've taken them out before they've always been s/s, but these were wipers that the garage put in for an MOT a while back (I usually change mine every year but must have forgotten that time).

I'm quite busy with glazing pots at the moment - I have at least enough pots to fill the kiln four times over and I have to get them done by mid August, it sounds a long way off, but with my other hobbies added in months fly by so quickly.

I'll be attempting the trimming tools at the first sensible opportunity, and if the the wiper inserts don't work out, I'll send you a pm to accept your kind offer. :thumbright:

Thanks for your kind offer too flash22, I'll decline for now, mostly for the same reasons as above, but also 10- 12mm is a bit too wide, the pallet banding strap I use for the larger tools is about the same and if I thought I could cut narrow regular strips from that it's what I'd use for preference anyway. :thumbleft:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Google+

For this message the author ayjay has received gratitude : Retired

Time zone: Europe/London