DIY Forum

Ultimate HandymanUltimate Handyman on Pinterest

DIY Forum/Home improvement advice forum

A-Z CONTENTS | DISCLAIMER | DIY VIDEO | HOME | SAFETY FIRST | FORUM RULES

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:07 pm

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:05 am 

I've bought several of the Bahco screwdrivers after watching a review by Chez a few years ago. They're brilliant and never let me down. I use them daily.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Delicious
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:32 pm 

Liam2349 wrote:
Just want to say that my third one of these screwdrivers, which I ordered from Amazon rather than Screwfix, is still working 5 years on.

My Stanley ratchet drivers (not Yankees, just a simple slotted screw ratchet driver) are still going after 50 years - come back in another 45 years and give us another progress report. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:53 pm 

Argyll wrote:
I've bought several of the Bahco screwdrivers after watching a review by Chez a few years ago. They're brilliant and never let me down. I use them daily.

Yeah, I've also got that one. It's nice, mostly for the lights in my opinion.

I generally prefer using the Kraftform Kompakt however. It's quite handy to be able to remove the shank to use with a drill, and it has a much shorter storing length.

They're both great however. Though the insides of my current Kraftform Kompakt haven't shot out; with it being spring loaded, I feel the Bahco will probably outlive it; though it's still been going really great.

ayjay wrote:
Liam2349 wrote:
Just want to say that my third one of these screwdrivers, which I ordered from Amazon rather than Screwfix, is still working 5 years on.

My Stanley ratchet drivers (not Yankees, just a simple slotted screw ratchet driver) are still going after 50 years - come back in another 45 years and give us another progress report. :wink:

Haha, if we're just talking durability, I reckon my Chisel Drivers will outlive anything ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:55 am 

I have the same one bought it from Toolstation about a year ago,I’ve only got one gripe and it’s not really the screwdrivers fault,,I work in a wet environment and the bit holder isn’t sealed so over time the bits go rusty ,I have gotten over this by applying some grease to the bits I don’t use often ,I would buy another should need arise but think I would go for the ratchet version

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk/#/ple ... 4529684719

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:30 am 

Quote:
I generally prefer using the Kraftform Kompakt however. It's quite handy to be able to remove the shank to use with a drill, and it has a much shorter storing length.

I bought the DeWalt one from Screwfix a few years ago. The removable shank appealed to me but removing the bits from the handle was poorly designed so i returned it.

I didn't realise Wera sold something similar.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:11 pm 

Cannyfixit wrote:
I have the same one bought it from Toolstation about a year ago,I’ve only got one gripe and it’s not really the screwdrivers fault,,I work in a wet environment and the bit holder isn’t sealed so over time the bits go rusty ,I have gotten over this by applying some grease to the bits I don’t use often ,I would buy another should need arise but think I would go for the ratchet version

Great point I think.

I'm currently living in a very damp house, though moving soon. Almost all tools I had outside of my weatherproof FatMax and ToughSystem boxes have rusted and had to be binned. Quite disappointing, but at least everything in those boxes has been protected, they do their job well. I think it would be great if Wera had managed to seal the bit holding compartment.

Argyll wrote:
Quote:

I bought the DeWalt one from Screwfix a few years ago. The removable shank appealed to me but removing the bits from the handle was poorly designed so i returned it.

I didn't realise Wera sold something similar.

I didn't realize DeWalt did one. I just had a quick look on Screwfix and the Wera does look better designed I think.