The Capture and Confession

This forum is for topics or posts that do not fit into any other forum, this includes online games such as word Association etc.

Moderator: Moderators

dewaltdisney

Post by dewaltdisney »

These two series one BBC the other ITV were both good watches for those who enjoy a bit of telly and they were gems amongst the usual dross.

On BBC The Capture is about a sinister outfit that manufactures fake video surveillance to set up people who are guilty of terrorism etc but not actually caught on camera in order to secure a conviction. Of course, the BBC were probably thinking how awful this would be in real life and the story revolves around a plot by some human rights group trying to expose the goings on. What the BBC did not reckon with were people like me who thought it was a very good idea to fit up some terrorist b*stard and f*ck his human rights. It is a good story well worth downloading from IPlayer if you missed it.

The second story on ITV is based on a true story about a serial killer and how the hero cop in real life was very shabbily treated by Wiltshire Constabulary for a breech of PACE. The actors were very well cast and Jo Absolom as the killer plays an excellent part as well as Martin Freeman who plays the wronged detective. It follows reality pretty closely as can be seen if you see the related documentary that features the real characters depicted.

Both worth a look.

DWD
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

Cheers I watched a really good drama a few months ago with Martin Clunes investigating the Levi Bellfield murders. I can't recall what it was called but it was excellent. It came out a few years ago so sneaked under my radar for a while.

I think ITV made it.
dewaltdisney

Post by dewaltdisney »

Ye that was another good docudrama called Manhunt... I do not think it is currently available to download.

DWD
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

I've been watching the capture, might try the confession on I player based on your recommendation. :thumbleft:
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk

Return to “The Lounge”