DeWalt green laser level £124

The Bargain Tool forum. This is for regular members to post about bargain tools. It is not for spammers to post links to tool sites!

Moderator: Moderators

Argyll

DeWalt green laser level £124

Post by Argyll »

Argyll

Re: DeWalt green laser level £124

Post by Argyll »

I received mine today. Does anyone know if the green lasers have different strength of lasers? I had a quick play today and the laser doesn't seem very bright.
fin

Post by fin »

that is a class price. i paid a fair bit more at a trade show. and i researched and it was cheap what i paid.

maybe your batteries? is the red light flashing on the side?

tbh i think its individuals perceive it differently. i can barely see red lasers when people say its blindingly obvious. and to me my dewalt green laser is very very bright and easy to see, ive actually used red lasers that i realllly struggle to see
These users thanked the author fin for the post:
Argyll
Rating: 7.14%
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

No red light flashing pal. I used the batteries supplied with it. I'll try duracells later to see if that makes a difference. Maybe it's been sitting in storage for a while and the batteries are low.
fin

Post by fin »

they pure munch the batteries like. i bought a big box of em from screwfix and keep em in the van
Job and Knock
Old School Chippie

Post by Job and Knock »

Are you by any chance red-green colour blind (even if only to a small extent)? The human eye is most receptive to the middle portion of the visible light spectrum (what we perceive as green), what we perceive as green, so it should appear to be brighter than an equivalent power red laser when viewed under the same conditions. Also, have you tested your old red laser and the new green one side by side? There is also there is a mistaken impression, which many people seem to share, that you'll be able to see a green laser in daylight. You can't. To mark a line from a laser in broad daylight you need to use an appropriate laser receiver. I will say, though, that when I have used green lasers they certainly seem to be more visible in brighter conditions than red ones.If it helps. neither of my lasers (admittedly Bosch and Leica) lose range when the batteries get tired, they just beep or flash lights at met then stop working
These users thanked the author Job and Knock for the post:
Argyll
Rating: 7.14%
"The person who never made a mistake, never made anything" - Albert Einstein

"I too will something make, And joy in the making" - Robert Bridges, 1844~1930

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell from The Triumph of Stupidity", 1933
fin

Post by fin »

my dewalt deffo seems very bright and visible to me. and as i said red ones are harder to see. however i can see those laser pointer things ok when i get the one out to annoy the cat haha and that one is red
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

Are you by any chance red-green colour blind (even if only to a small extent)
I wouldn't think so otherwise the Army doctors would have picked that up when I joined.

Return to “Bargain Tools”