Sore knees...

Please use this forum for all DIY posts that do not fit into a specific category.

Moderator: Moderators

Troy
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Sore knees...

Post by Troy »

This maybe in the wrong section, sorry if it is!

So what’s everyone’s advice and opinions on how to look after your knees while laying flooring, fitting skirting boards etc...

I use knee pads but usually use the foam type but don’t always last that long. I’ve not used other types yet but I’ve heard the hard-front ones can hurt and the gel ones can just compress outwards after time, leaving the pad useless as the gel now sits around the knee rather than under the knee.
fin

Re: Sore knees...

Post by fin »

ages ago i bought a couple of pairs of snickers floor layer work trousers. and also a pair of the floor layer knee pads. expensive like. but the trousers last me ages. and the knee pads are about 3 or 4 pairs of trousers old now.

always have the knee pads with me. never need to think about it
fin

Post by fin »

Chippo1

Post by Chippo1 »

Blimey , about 6 weeks ago I boarded out the double garage loft ,end result right knee is kaput.

Last week went to see doctor , and two loverly medical students !!!, diagnosis inflamed cruciate ligament , now on anti inflammatory tablets for a month and got to see physio.

Wish I used knee pads.
Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

I have trousers that take the foam pads, I use these any time I expect to be on my knees for more than a few minutes. I also have a set of gel backed hard pads which I use for long jobs or outside work. So far the knees are doing fine.
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

My knees are proper f*ck. Most probably from my army days. Now my hip is giving me jip. I bought those recoil ones that chez suggested but haven't had the opportunity to use them yet as sods law dictates I've had no laminate jobs since I bought them.
fin

Post by fin »

my knees are a bit sore sometimes like but thats prob a lot to do with running about playing foota with my mates every week for the past 20 years as much as graft.

Return to “General DIY forum”