Regular bulbs

All electrical lighting questions in here please. Including outside lighting and light switch / dimmer questions.

Moderator: Moderators

Cara
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Re: Regular bulbs

Post by Cara »

Thanks for all the advice. Further information below:

- the lamps for which I need SES fittings are all bedside lamps
- the touch one is mine and only usually on for 15-30 minutes per day (or it would be if the bulb hadn't blown :-) ). Hubby's is still working but for now long?
- others are in the guest room so even less usage
- flickering is not an option - would drive me crazy
- we have gas heating
- we're quite often away during the summer/don't like to be cold, so heat given off is not an issue then, but really useful in winter (I hadn't thought about that side of things)
- I only bought the lamps a couple of years ago in Asda so don't want to have to replace, & I like the touch control.

I wonder if there are any statistics available about the amount of energy saved by banning regular bulbs compared to the amount wasted in producing all the new light fittings and lamps which people are buying due to not being able to get the correct bulbs. And don't forget the environmental impact.

I think a trip to a car boot sale or plea on Freecycle might be in order.
ericmark

Post by ericmark »

I am in Shotton and am about to move so in next few days they will all go in the bin. Seems a shame but I must face facts, could not care less about energy saving but simply don't what to be changing bulbs every week.
Cara
Newly registered Member

Post by Cara »

ericmark wrote:I am in Shotton and am about to move so in next few days they will all go in the bin. Seems a shame but I must face facts, could not care less about energy saving but simply don't what to be changing bulbs every week.
Could you offer them on one of the Freecycle groups? Seems a real shame to throw them away & might really help someone out.
Someone-Else

Post by Someone-Else »

I hate the freecycle groups. It's not the principal I object to its the out right liars.
Oh yes I will collect it this evening, 2 days latter no they haven't :violent3:
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
Cara
Newly registered Member

Post by Cara »

someone-else wrote:I hate the freecycle groups. It's not the principal I object to its the out right liars.
Oh yes I will collect it this evening, 2 days latter no they haven't :violent3:
I know what you mean. I now get into an email conversation (never give out your phone number or they will text/phone and expect you to waste your time doing the same) with the people requesting things before giving out my address, and don't even bother replying to the ones who send a one liner with bad manners, spelling and grammar. I have, over the last few days, given away loads of plants, but with all of the recipients there were a few backwards and forwards emails before agreeing a date and time. Only a couple didn't actually collect but both sent an email to let me know in advance.

Return to “Lighting”