Gardtec 300 Series connect to Honeywell AD6 bellbox

All your electrical questions regarding electrics from within the United Kingdom

Moderator: Moderators

daytripper
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Gardtec 300 Series connect to Honeywell AD6 bellbox

Post by daytripper »

Hi all
Looking for a bit of advice on connecting a Gardtec 300 series to a Honeywell AD6 bell box.
I fit and install the odd new system if asked but I mainly do electrical works, but a builder mate has asked me to look at his mother in laws alarm, he gives me quite a lot of work so I said OK.

I have a Honeywell AD6 bell box spare so I thought I would use it.
Today I swooped it over but I cant get the bell to ring in alarm, the strobe flashes and the alarm does as it should apart from the bell does not ring.
The connections I have made are:-

Gardtec 300 series to Honewell AD6
SAB Tamper- to Tamper Rtn (tr-)
Bell- to Bell Trg- (s-)
Bell+ to Supply +
Bell hold- to Supply-
Strobe- to Stobe- (st-)
I HAVE ALSO PUT A LINK BETWEEN STROBE- AND SUPPLY- this allowed taper light on panel to go out
any help appreciated as I am doing this as a freebie
thanks
Richard
Someone-Else

Re: Gardtec 300 Series connect to Honeywell AD6 bellbox

Post by Someone-Else »

Has it got the Red AND green LED's lit?
And have you moved the timer link?

If you have done the above, bring it down and "Try it on the bench"

You have checked to see you are using the same colours at both ends? sometimes the yellow can fade and you think its white.

(Oh the wiring configuration looks correct.)
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
daytripper
Newly registered Member

Post by daytripper »

Thanks for the reply, I have been a sparks for over 30 years and I thought I have got the wiring correct which you confirmed and it is definitely yellow not white
On the panel there were 6 connections and I have not used the + strobe connection

The LED`S are as you say and the panel sets and goes into alarm with strobe flashing but no sound from siren.

I will look at the timer link but what is it? as I have no installation manual but I will search on line for one.

thanks again
Richard
daytripper
Newly registered Member

Post by daytripper »

Hi all in response to my problem with the Gardtec 300 sieries panel and a honeywell ad6 bell box, having slept on the problem another thing has come to light only 1 of the flashing LEDs at bottom of the bell box is illuminated and it is lit all the time not flashing.

I am wondering if I have got the bell holl- and the bell- on the panel the wrong way round.
Richard
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

Had a similar problem with a different honeywell box, there was a little link (looks like a car fuse but much smaller) that needs moving from "test" to "battery" and although I had moved it it wasn't pushed fully home. I'm not entirely sure if this is the same problem that you have but worth a look.
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
Someone-Else

Post by Someone-Else »

daytripper wrote:Hi all in response to my problem with the Gardtec 300 sieries panel and a honeywell ad6 bell box, having slept on the problem another thing has come to light only 1 of the flashing LEDs at bottom of the bell box is illuminated and it is lit all the time not flashing.
I believe both are supposed to be on, one to say it is charging the other to say tamper is ok.
It's in the manual, but as I also said, bring it down and bench test it.
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)

Return to “Electric Forum UK”