Mirka Deos Delta

Painting and decorating, plaster mouldings, Artexing questions

Moderator: Moderators

Desmondo15

Mirka Deos Delta

Post by Desmondo15 »

Anyone used it?

I can't justify a Deros, Deos and a delta....... but it looks sooo nice.....
Argyll

Re: Mirka Deos Delta

Post by Argyll »

I'd love one and I've considered buying one for a while but I must admit I'm a bit confused which one I should get as they are so many of them.

I think the Deos and Delta are the same thing.
Desmondo15

Post by Desmondo15 »

Just a different shape.

The deros has had the biggest impact for me by far.
These users thanked the author Desmondo15 for the post:
Argyll
Rating: 7.14%
gc1967

Post by gc1967 »

Just ask at your local decorating centre and they will arrange someone from Mirka to come and give you a demonstration and there is no pressure to buy, they are expensive, but the time saved sanding down is ridiculous and no more inhaling god knows what and lots of hoovering, have you looked at the Festool range they are very good.
You can just buy the sander and attach it to a extractor say from screwfix costing about £100
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

gc1967 wrote:Just ask at your local decorating centre and they will arrange someone from Mirka to come and give you a demonstration and there is no pressure to buy, they are expensive, but the time saved sanding down is ridiculous and no more inhaling god knows what and lots of hoovering, have you looked at the Festool range they are very good.
You can just buy the sander and attach it to a extractor say from screwfix costing about £100
So whats the difference from using my Metabo circular sander with mirka discs and a M class vacuum?
Job and Knock
Old School Chippie

Post by Job and Knock »

Argyll wrote:So whats the difference from using my Metabo circular sander with mirka discs and a M class vacuum?
Festool and Mirka are lighter, quieter and lower vibration (all important if you spend hours sanding) than the Metabo SXE450 sander and the dust extraction is a bit better, too. Having owned Festool ETS in the past (as well as still having a Rotex) I'd say it was worth it for those who are working in a finished environment or where noise/vibration are of concern. For what I do (not much work inside finished buildings - we tend to be in there before carpet fitters and decos) I doubt I could justify binning my SXE in favour of one of those Mirkas - in any case the dual orbit function on the SXE450 is a major plus for certain types of site work which allows fast coarse and fine finish work to be done by the same tool (so one less box in the van)
These users thanked the author Job and Knock for the post:
Argyll
Rating: 7.14%
"The person who never made a mistake, never made anything" - Albert Einstein

"I too will something make, And joy in the making" - Robert Bridges, 1844~1930

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell from The Triumph of Stupidity", 1933
gc1967

Post by gc1967 »

I couldnt be without my Mirka sander, I do all domestic Painting and Decorating, so 95% dust is good for the customer and for my lungs.

Return to “Painting & Decorating Forum”