Envirochem for asbestos testing - anyone used them?

Please use this forum for all DIY posts that do not fit into a specific category.

Moderator: Moderators

udaman

Envirochem for asbestos testing - anyone used them?

Post by udaman »

Hi

I recently made a thread about asbestos sampling in my house and got some fantastic replies. Cheers for those. So, armed with that knowledge I'm now ready to prepare the samples and send them off to be checked. The cheapest company I've found is Envirochem. £15 for the first sample and £5 per additional. Add a one off £10 if you also want their kit with PPE, sample bags, etc. I've also been chatting with them and they've been very helpful. Just wanted to share that in case it is of use to anyone.

At the same time I'd also be interested to hear from anyone who has used them in the past. How did you get on? I'll post back once I've used them for the benefit of anyone who comes across this in the future.

Oh, and one other thing. I know the samples have to be sealed, double bagged, etc. But can the package once it's made up be sent via royal mail and/or standard couriers?

Cheers
etaf

Re: Envirochem for asbestos testing - anyone used them?

Post by etaf »

we sent our samples via royal mail , small samples of ceiling plaster
Was not as cheap as your offer , we used a company in Hampshire http://www.perryanalytical.com/index.html
Dave54

Post by Dave54 »

The Royal Mail rules on "prohibited goods" are clear enough.
https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... il/a_id/96
I imagine that you'll find most carriers will have similar rules.
udaman

Post by udaman »

Hmmm... There are tonnes of companies offering asbestos sampling testing via the post, so I imagine there are samples being sent all over the place. I guess most people are sending them and not saying what's in there. Or else they know of a courier that we don't...
udaman

Post by udaman »

udaman wrote:I'll post back once I've used them for the benefit of anyone who comes across this in the future.
Well, better late than never I guess :)

And after having had samples tested etc would I recommend them...? Absolutely!!! They have been fantastic. Phenomenally helpful, cheap (£70 for 10 samples), and even agreed to do an additional sample a few weeks later for free. I just wish all companies were this good.

Cheers
These users thanked the author udaman for the post:
wine~o
Rating: 7.14%
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

udaman wrote:
udaman wrote:I'll post back once I've used them for the benefit of anyone who comes across this in the future.
Well, better late than never I guess :)

And after having had samples tested etc would I recommend them...? Absolutely!!! They have been fantastic. Phenomenally helpful, cheap (£70 for 10 samples), and even agreed to do an additional sample a few weeks later for free. I just wish all companies were this good.

Cheers
Always good to get a personal recommendation. :salute:
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk

Return to “General DIY forum”