Scheppach Track Saw

The Bargain Tool forum. This is for regular members to post about bargain tools. It is not for spammers to post links to tool sites!

Moderator: Moderators

Argyll

Scheppach Track Saw

Post by Argyll »

https://www.diy.com/departments/scheppa ... 826357a509

Reduced to £80. Reviews aren't great tbh.
These users thanked the author Argyll for the post:
boxedin
Rating: 7.14%
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Re: Scheppach Track Saw

Post by big-all »

for occasional use its got to be good at the price :huray:
we are all ------------------still learning
Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

The parkside (when available) seems to be the best of the budget tracksaws. Combine with a festool or makita track for best results.
ahfix

Post by ahfix »

Argyll wrote:Reviews aren't great tbh.

Take the reviews with the pinch of salt ... for example:

Annoyed that it's useless out of the box!
Bristus - 10 months ago

Bought this a week ago and I draw my cut line and get this thing out of the box... and oh... I can't use it because the clamps that hold down the rail ARE NOT INCLUDED! So you've suppled a saw which must run on rails, and the rails must be clamped, and since there's no way to clamp the rails to the thing you're cutting (OK you could with normal clamps - but not easily since the saw covers almost all the rail when it moves) the whole thing is uselss..... Am just really peaved! I could have done the job by now if clamps were included... but I've got to sort the saw out!!!! I will now go and find out how much the clamps are and how long it will take to get them and then decide whether to return this annoying thing...

The guy doesn't know how to use a track saw ... so in his mind it must the the tool that's faulty. ::b

The Scheppach is also the Aldi Workzone which gets a very decent write-up. Ok it's not a trade tool so has it's limitations but still good value for the money.

I have the Lidl one and find it perfectly adequate.

ah
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

ahfix wrote:
Argyll wrote:Reviews aren't great tbh.

Take the reviews with the pinch of salt ... for example:

Annoyed that it's useless out of the box!
Bristus - 10 months ago

Bought this a week ago and I draw my cut line and get this thing out of the box... and oh... I can't use it because the clamps that hold down the rail ARE NOT INCLUDED! So you've suppled a saw which must run on rails, and the rails must be clamped, and since there's no way to clamp the rails to the thing you're cutting (OK you could with normal clamps - but not easily since the saw covers almost all the rail when it moves) the whole thing is uselss..... Am just really peaved! I could have done the job by now if clamps were included... but I've got to sort the saw out!!!! I will now go and find out how much the clamps are and how long it will take to get them and then decide whether to return this annoying thing...

The guy doesn't know how to use a track saw ... so in his mind it must the the tool that's faulty. ::b

The Scheppach is also the Aldi Workzone which gets a very decent write-up. Ok it's not a trade tool so has it's limitations but still good value for the money.

I have the Lidl one and find it perfectly adequate.

ah
I thought the same but there are other negative comments about vibration etc.
boxedin

Post by boxedin »

Peter Millard has done an indepth review on it, how to set it up and its benefits and limitations its a good watch if you haven't already (5 x 10min videos)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JQjGwZT3Ak
boxedin

Post by boxedin »

Rutland also have one on at £90 that bears a passing resemblence to the Lidl one
https://www.rutlands.co.uk/sp+power-too ... gI8gvD_BwE
Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

boxedin wrote:Rutland also have one on at £90 that bears a passing resemblence to the Lidl one
https://www.rutlands.co.uk/sp+power-too ... gI8gvD_BwE

Yes it looks very similar to mine.

I think I paid £60 for the Lidl saw so good to wait if you are not in a hurry.
boxedin

Post by boxedin »

Agreed Rorschach assuming it is on again at £60, and has not gone up, it has the 3 year warrantee for one thing.
ahfix

Post by ahfix »

The saws were £69.99 last year and only appear in the shops in the month of May ... I know this as I missed getting one last year and "stalked" the Lidl website until they came up :boxing:

My local store only got 2 units in, luckily I have a contact in store who put one aside for me :thumbleft:

I also paid extra for tracks shipped from the supplier in Germany. I got two sets of 2 x 700mm track kit (inc joining bars for £31 ish including shipping.

ah
Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

Just in case anyone wasn't aware, the Parkside saw is compatible with festool tracks.
I bought a 1400mm track and use my saw on that, you can also join it to the Parkside tracks quite well, this combo lets me have 4 sizes of track; 700, 1400, 2100 and 2800mm. Very versatile.

Return to “Bargain Tools”