System boiler question

Questions about central heating and boiler questions in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

fatbloke
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

System boiler question

Post by fatbloke » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:56 pm

Hi all, your advice would be appreciated.

I'm sure you'll sympathise with my predicament. I'm funding a central heating upgrade of my daughter's chalet bungalow and can only afford to do this in stages. I've done some research and I'm looking to invest in a system boiler - probably a Worcester Bosch. The reason for choosing a WB product is because my daughter has a maintenance contract with British Gas and they 'appear' to support WB boilers over others such as Viessmann and Valliant (which I have by the way).

My question is; as an interim measure can I have a system boiler installed with a vented system standard cylinder (as current) and then in six months time invest in an unvented cylinder such as a Heatrae Sadia Megaflo cylinder and dispose of the cold water tank.

Your comments/suggestions would be most welcome.
Thanks,
Simon
Razor

Re: System boiler question

Post by Razor » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:27 pm

Yes no problem. You can run the hot water as open vented and seal the heating side of the system
As always help on here is free, however if you think you have saved a decent sum of money why not click the link to find out about the charity we're currently supporting? A couple of quid makes a real difference.

donnas-dream-house-charity-t52110.html
fatbloke
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: System boiler question

Post by fatbloke » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:47 pm

Wonderful. Thanks for your help.

Return to “Central Heating & Boilers”