Boiler leak

Questions about central heating and boiler questions in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

_DaViD_
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Boiler leak

Post by _DaViD_ »

20190224_143015-1.jpg
20190224_143015-1.jpg (748.7 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
Hi, for so long now I've had boiler issues (I've got two!). My boiler loses pressure very quickly. It won't fire up on the timer in the morning, nor will it fire up at 3 ish after its been off since about 11 am. I have to raise the pressure myself. I've had plumbers out before and they've either raised the pressure and fannyed about or changed the diverted valve last time. The problem is back now, so I took a look in the cupboard it's in, in a very difficult to get to area of the kitchen. I found a substantial leak at the pipe that is indicated as DHW outlet pipe. I'll post two pictures so you can see. I checked a previous thread about this problem and the advice was to remove the pipe, sorry, don't know what the bend part is called, and replace a fabric washer. I'm wondering if that could be the problem here? I can't find any leaks at my radiators. I'm just checking on here to ask how I would do this myself. I'm sick of the plumbers around here. I lI've in a semi rural area and they are so hard to get a hold of, and they ask you to buy the part etc too. If I can do this myself it would be great.
_DaViD_
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Boiler leak

Post by _DaViD_ »

2019-02-24 16.17.03.jpg
2019-02-24 16.17.03.jpg (295.57 KiB) Viewed 1233 times
Cold water mains inlet. This is one of the valves I open to raise pressure. I have no idea what I'm doing! This is the valve in the normal position, do I turn this, run hot water tap, although we aren't getting hot water at the moment, and then remove the dhw bend pipe to get at the washer? What do I need to do? Is there a reason why a plumber wouldn't have done this already? As you can see from the first photo, someone has cut the aluminium plate under the boiler to tighten the dhw pipe nut. It's a mess. Could it gave been threaded when tightened too much? Any help much appreciated.

Return to “Central Heating & Boilers”