All tool questions and recommendations or complaints in this forum please

Moderator: Moderators

Mr plory
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hilti gx100

Post by Mr plory »

Anyone know if there is an alternative to the gc11 cartridge for this tool? The gc11 is discontinued
Job and Knock
Old School Chippie

Re: Hilti gx100

Post by Job and Knock »

I think you may be down to using eBay. I can't recall anyone copying the GX100 design and I know it's quite a few years (seven?) since they replaced that gun with the (different) GX120.

I use a Spit myself and I've bought nails and gas for that from BeA Fasteners in Beverley (01482 861075). I know that the Spit gun is different, but I was wondering whether maybe BeA sell a pattern gas cartridge and fixings for your Hilti. They certainly make and sell a massive range of stuff both for their own kit and other makes so they might be worth a call.

Whatever happens, though, don't get desparate and buy a Spit gun - their backup service is pants (and they're French, too!)
"The person who never made a mistake, never made anything" - Albert Einstein

"I too will something make, And joy in the making" - Robert Bridges, 1844~1930

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell from The Triumph of Stupidity", 1933
Mr plory
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Mr plory »

Cheers for the pointer I’ll give them a try.
I’ve exhausted eBay, Amazon and anywhere I could think of looking for a gc11 or generic alternative. Biggest issue seems to be that the gc11 cartridge requires a single use adapter plate to make it fit the tool - this seems to click onto the gas then slot into a double port.
My own fault - bought second hand without doing my research into availability of consumables! Still lots of these on eBay, schlock etc so some other poor sods are bound to end up in the same place as me with this!
Job and Knock
Old School Chippie

Post by Job and Knock »

Sorry to say that it's probably an outside chance, but as one of the largest independent strip fastening suppliers in the country if they can't help you, probably nobody else can. Good luck!
"The person who never made a mistake, never made anything" - Albert Einstein

"I too will something make, And joy in the making" - Robert Bridges, 1844~1930

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell from The Triumph of Stupidity", 1933

Return to “Tool Talk”