Cold electric radiators

All your electrical questions regarding electrics from within the United Kingdom

Moderator: Moderators

Rhaom
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Cold electric radiators

Post by Rhaom »

Hello,

In my flat I have 4 "Gabarron RFE Plus" electric radiators, with the following model numbers, where the numbers correspond to how many "modules" or panels the radiator is made up of.
  • RF4E PLUS
    RF8E PLUS
    RF10E PLUS
    RF6E PLUS
I have managed to set a weekly program on each radiator with a comfort temperature of 20 and an eco temperature of 18, however, if I touch the radiator when the digital thermostat reads 18 degrees it is stone cold and might as well be off.

I can provide pictures if they will assist!

I don't understand why the radiator thermostat thinks it's 18 degrees but is cold to the touch, can anybody help out here?
Someone-Else

Re: Cold electric radiators

Post by Someone-Else »

Only a "guess" What happens if you raise the "eco temp"

and do these radiators come on anytime? or do you have "economy 7"
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
Rhaom
Newly registered Member

Post by Rhaom »

I'm not on economy 7 and the radiators come on based on the weekly programme I set, so during the week they come on at 14:00 and run in comfort mode (at 20) till 17:30 then they run in eco (at 18) till 22:00.

If I increase the eco temp to 20 then there is some warmth to the touch of the radiator but by no means is it anything close to 20 degrees
ericmark

Post by ericmark »

Is there any anti hysteresis software built in? I find with my hot water system, the TRV electronic heads start to use anti hysteresis when within 2 degrees of set temperature, so for radiator to get hot the current needs to be two degrees C below target.
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

if they definatly get warm they have power
do you have an override /constantly on position :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
we are all ------------------still learning
arco_iris

Post by arco_iris »

Have you tried downloading the manual from the manufacturers website?

http://www.elnur-global.com/manuals/
aeromech3

Post by aeromech3 »

Puzzled the 18* and 20* setting is the room area not the panel temp. and perhaps your flat has good insulation and to drop from 20 to 18 takes a while, whilst maintaining room temperature takes only a look-warm rad.
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

What is the ACTUAL temperature in your room? If it's above 18C then the radiators will be OFF. The temperature setting on the radiators is not the temperature the radiators get to either - they'll get an awful lot warmer than that but will go off as soon as the ambient (room) temperature reaches the set value.

18C in a living room isn't 'hot' (or even warm) by my standards. We keep our living room at 21C minimum to be comfortable.
Don't take it personally......
Rhaom
Newly registered Member

Post by Rhaom »

kellys_eye wrote:What is the ACTUAL temperature in your room? If it's above 18C then the radiators will be OFF. The temperature setting on the radiators is not the temperature the radiators get to either - they'll get an awful lot warmer than that but will go off as soon as the ambient (room) temperature reaches the set value.

18C in a living room isn't 'hot' (or even warm) by my standards. We keep our living room at 21C minimum to be comfortable.
I have absolutely no idea what the temperature of the room is, I would have to get a thermometer to check but it does make sense that they would go off, I was starting to wonder if it was tracking room temp rather than the panel temperature.

I'll turn it up a degree or 2 to see if it makes any difference :thumbleft:

Return to “Electric Forum UK”