advice on which timer or relay please

All your electrical questions regarding electrics from within the United Kingdom

Moderator: Moderators

stevewilson80
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

advice on which timer or relay please

Post by stevewilson80 »

We have got 2 fans in the workshop running full time through a SMSCOM fan controller, problem at the moment is too cold at night when the heating is off, drawing in freezing outside air, so wanting the input fan turned off on a switch and output fan just drawing air in passive, then all back on in time for when we get in there in the morning. We have tried a plug in mechanical segment timer into the fan controller but it didn't work because the voltage from the fan controller is too low to run the timer (80v). Needs a seperately powered switch or relay to just knock the supply to the input fan on and off, if anyone can point me in the right direction of a suitable item I would be much obliged.

Thanks in advance,

Steve.
Someone-Else

Re: advice on which timer or relay please

Post by Someone-Else »

You want a time switch with voltage free contacts.

Why not use an immersion heater time switch, most of them have volt free contacts. (or You could look for a dedicated timer on the RS components website)
These users thanked the author Someone-Else for the post:
stevewilson80
Rating: 7.14%
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)

Return to “Electric Forum UK”