CH System help to allow manual on/off

Questions about central heating and boiler questions in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

alfier
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

CH System help to allow manual on/off

Post by alfier »

I have a Greenstar RI compact, Control unit ST9400C, Room Stat DT92E with thermostatic valves on all radiators except the hall.

The boiler is downstairs in the utility room with the control unit Upstairs and the room stat in the hall.

I'm 79 and at home all day waiting for god, new knee and new hip! My old system had a room stat where I could just turn the dial to switch the CH on/off but the St9400C doesn't allow this so I have to stagger upstairs to switch on and off.

Can I replace the ST9400C with a simple dial like before or do you experts have any idea what I can do to allow manual on/off.

Thank you.
aeromech3

Re: CH System help to allow manual on/off

Post by aeromech3 »

Hi, pressing the mode switch diagram #11, on the ST9400C to display 'OFF' should stop the heating, likewise with the hot water #14.
Attachments
ST9400C.mode 11 and 14.JPG
ST9400C.mode 11 and 14.JPG (49.23 KiB) Viewed 1803 times
ericmark

Post by ericmark »

Yes there are loads of methods, I can adjust each room from my phone, I can also switch some lights on/off, and some sockets on/off and monitor what power my caravan uses.

As to if you want to go that far I don't know, my was set up to look after my mother, I wanted not only to be able to turn off/on but also to monitor temperature, but a wifi relay is quite cheap, and as the price goes up, so what you can do increases.

So a simple wireless thermostat starts at around £60 but the problem is they don't fail safe, for a fail safe model i.e. with flat batteries it turns off, getting to more like £100, and to alter with phone around £150.

I thought the DT92E was wireless, so simply unscrew from wall and place where you are. I did this with mother to start with, but it will not work when put in a draw in the bedroom. So had to be screwed to wall.

However the TRV will stop rooms over heating, so take the wireless thermostat with you and that room should be spot on.

Nest for example has a stand for the thermostat so you can move it around, and can be paired with electronic TRV heads. It is all possible.
alfier
Newly registered Member

Post by alfier »

What a fast and great reply. I will try moving the room stat first but really just want on/off control.
D Hailsham

Post by D Hailsham »

There's no need to stagger upstairs as you can do most things using the buttons on the DT92E thermostat.

I have attached the user instructions (in multiple languages).

The pair of buttons allow you to increase/decrease the required temperature.

The round button will turn the heating on/off, but only during the on times set by the programmer upstairs.

The green button (Eco) allows you to set a different temperature for a specific time, e.g if you were out for several hours and didn't want the house to go cold while out.
Attachments
DT92E Instructions.pdf
(797.97 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
alfier
Newly registered Member

Post by alfier »

Thank you for taking the time to help me. I never knew about the little round button (stupid me). Its great I just push the button and CH is on then push button and CH off. Take a smarty point.

Alfie :huray:

Return to “Central Heating & Boilers”