Building a fitted wardrobe/airing cupboard with just glue?

Please use this forum for all DIY posts that do not fit into a specific category.

Moderator: Moderators

Flanalan
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Building a fitted wardrobe/airing cupboard with just glue?

Post by Flanalan »

Hi,

I have a recess space in a spare room that I want to turn into an airing cupboard...trouble is there is a lot of pipework running up both sides behind the walls, and the rear wall backs onto the shower...so limited in terms of fixing into the walls. Is it completely stupid to think I could create a solution for this just using glue? I am thinking of putting some sort of lightweight doors on a frame to create the cupboard. It is approx. 105cm wide and 48cm deep. Any suggestions welcome thank you :)
Rorschach

Re: Building a fitted wardrobe/airing cupboard with just glu

Post by Rorschach »

Use construction adhesive to glue battens on to walls in appropriate places, add a few screws if you possibly can but it will likely be fine without. Once the glue is fully cured you can use these as your screwing points. As long as you don't overload shelves etc then you will be fine I am sure.

Oh and when I say battens I mean both vertical and horizontal to take the weight, if you can rest the vertical battens on the floor then there is no chance of collapse.

Return to “General DIY forum”