Painting and decorating, plaster mouldings, Artexing questions

Moderator: Moderators

deccodotty
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Windows not central

Post by deccodotty »

Hi all, newbie here so please be patient :-P - can anyone advise me on papering round windows which are not central to the wall? One side is exactly the size of the paper round to the inset, the other side is bigger. Any ideas on which way to go about it? Many thanks.
ayjay

Re: Windows not central

Post by ayjay »

I'm a chippy not a decorator, but afaik, you paper the main wall and trim off at about 25mm around the corner of the reveal and then paper the reveal with a separate strip, (covering the 25mm wraparound).
One day it will all be firewood.
deccodotty
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by deccodotty »

windows.jpg
windows.jpg (176.1 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
Thanks Ayjay but I knew to do that, my problem is that there is no wraparound on the left hand side - too wide. I have attached a rough drawn picture to show what I mean. Not sure where to start with it!!
dubman2

Post by dubman2 »

i take it your not a decorator as you would never start from a corner when there is a window on the wall unless your papering the whole room & there is more than one window..you have two options. 1. start from the middle of the window or start from the middle of the wall.It all depends on the length of the window & what the pattern is. And how you set it out.
what size is the window?
There is lots of videos online that show you how to paper around a window.

Return to “Painting & Decorating Forum”