Choice of roofing material

All building related posts in this forum please

Moderator: Moderators

mick.mh2racing
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0

Choice of roofing material

Post by mick.mh2racing »

I've just built a single story extension but i'm having issues with the roof. I've used Rosemary tiles to look like the rest of the house. It was felted for 3 months before tiles went on and was dry. However some times water is getting in since I've tiled, and always around the velux windows. It's a very shallow pitch, about 15 degrees.
Thinking of changing roof for another material, has anyone experience of using galvanised metal sheets? Pros, cons or recommendations?
ayjay

Re: Choice of roofing material

Post by ayjay »

mick.mh2racing wrote:I've just built a single story extension but i'm having issues with the roof. I've used Rosemary tiles to look like the rest of the house. It was felted for 3 months before tiles went on and was dry. However some times water is getting in since I've tiled, and always around the velux windows. It's a very shallow pitch, about 15 degrees.
Thinking of changing roof for another material, has anyone experience of using galvanised metal sheets? Pros, cons or recommendations?
You need another 20° for Rosemary tiles - minimum pitch 35°.

Velux make a flashing kit for a low pitched roof, this could help.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=7oTJ ... ojqcgohgUk
One day it will all be firewood.
ashleywood.ash

Re: Choice of roofing material

Post by ashleywood.ash »

As said above, pitch is far to shallow I'm afraid. Either increase pitch or use a decent flat roof material like epdm or fibreglass

Return to “Building Forum”