Workzone Drywall Sander

All tool questions and recommendations or complaints in this forum please

Moderator: Moderators

ahfix

Workzone Drywall Sander

Post by ahfix »

Hi all,

Aldi are doing a drywall sander (in the shops last month but still available online) for £49.99 : https://www.aldi.co.uk/750w-drywall-san ... 4217992300

I need to run new cable in the kitchen for under unit lighting / downlights and will need to do some patching on the kitchen ceiling after. I want minimal disruption so don't want to empty the room and obviously want as little dust as possible. I was thinking about patching with tape and easyfil but I am unlikely to get a clean finish which would need sanded down.

Are these drywall sanders any better at dust collection than say a Bosch green orbital sander connected to a vacuum?

ah
steviejoiner74

Re: Workzone Drywall Sander

Post by steviejoiner74 »

The top line machines are awesome,the cheapo ones from Aldi are rank.
Carpentry,I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.
Mrwilson
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0

Post by Mrwilson »

I've done half a dozen house renovations using an Aldi drywall sander and I love it.
I use it with a Vax and the dust collection is first class, virtually no mess in the room afterwards, still on the original sanding discs supplied with it as well.
The only down side is the weight, I can't use it overhead for very long but they're maybe all like that?
ahfix

Post by ahfix »

These were down to £39.99 in my local store so I picked one up, can always return it if it's rubbish.

Thanks for the input guys.

ah

Return to “Tool Talk”