Sealing Roof tiles

Please use this forum for all DIY posts that do not fit into a specific category.

Moderator: Moderators

Denton Dave
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Sealing Roof tiles

Post by Denton Dave »

Hi All

I am looking for a sealant I can use to temporarily seal a loose tiled area on a roof, is there anything you can think of that I can use to cover an area 1mtr square

Thanks
Dave
ayjay

Re: Sealing Roof tiles

Post by ayjay »

If the tiles need sealing it's better to replace them, but Thompson's Water Seal will probably work.

Are you sure it's the tiles that are a problem?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/thompsons-wa ... 5ltr/52043
One day it will all be firewood.
Denton Dave
Newly registered Member

Post by Denton Dave »

Hi Ayjay

I need to seal some bees in under the roof tiles temporarily so the roofer can complete the work without worrying about the Bees, the tiles look to have a few gaps in them and the Bees have been there a while, the property owner does not want them moved and the roofer is concerned about being stung !!

Thanks for your help

Dave
ayjay

Post by ayjay »

Denton Dave wrote:Hi Ayjay

I need to seal some bees in under the roof tiles temporarily so the roofer can complete the work without worrying about the Bees, the tiles look to have a few gaps in them and the Bees have been there a while, the property owner does not want them moved and the roofer is concerned about being stung !!

Thanks for your help

Dave
That's a bit different, they will already have an established flight route and to block that off will annoy them anyway, might be better to just wait for cooler weather when they will be much less active.
One day it will all be firewood.
Denton Dave
Newly registered Member

Post by Denton Dave »

Hi

What I am planning to do is leave it until the colder weather, I want to seal where they are going in and out and then remove the seal after the work is complete but not leave any stain or mark on the tiles, they appear to be going in under a few of the tiles.

Thanks

Dave

Return to “General DIY forum”