Lidl 16th September Compressors etc

The Bargain Tool forum. This is for regular members to post about bargain tools. It is not for spammers to post links to tool sites!

Moderator: Moderators

boxedin

Lidl 16th September Compressors etc

Post by boxedin » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:37 am

Mostly compressor related with some profi hand tools and some clothes
Dead link removed by Admin
These users thanked the author boxedin for the post:
Job and Knock
Rating: 7.14%
ghostrider

Re: Lidl 16th September Compressors etc

Post by ghostrider » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:30 pm

the only thing i would say is i got a parkside hand sand/ grit blaster and the fitting was not compatible with either my pcl fitting old style or my euro new style fittings also the thead pitch on the tools would not take either pcl or euro style fitting could not find any air line fitting to match the rest of my tools so ended up binning it
Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:50 pm

That's odd. All the air tools I have bought from Lidl have come with Euro fittings and a standard 1/4" bsp fitting.
APDIY
Newly registered Member

Post by APDIY » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:19 pm

Has Lidl taken over the 'lead' from Aldi in terms of the range of DIY tools they stock?
Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:14 am

Aldi still do a wider range of stuff I think but Lidl certainly has the edge in terms of cross compatibility and overall higher quality of their tools.
boxedin

Post by boxedin » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:57 am

Hi APDIY, Rorschach, just to add my opinion on ALDI

ALDI provide an online service which lidl don't and have a lot of tools on their for longer most for delivery (currently free over £20) and £2.95 if not. They also provide a collectplus service which is useful to some. They currently have 79 tools on offer

Instore I have noticed that they do discount their diy stuff more quickly and more deeply for example the sheppach made workzone badged vacuum that was very popular reduced from £60 to as low as £20 in some stores and £30 online. peter millard also reviews the bandsaw
https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/di ... lar&page=0

They broadly are in step with Lidl in what they sell in terms of price and type so if compressors/welders are on sale at lidl then they are likely to be on offer at aldi too

Warranties seem to be the same duration for similar products but are manufacturers warranties so in all probability you will need to return to manufacturer at your own costafter a period rather than straight refund however you have 60 days no quible return policy as stated on their website. (I keep original boxes as it makes returns and selling on much easier) . Warranties usually state for non commercial use only

Manufacturer's Warranty

In the event of a faulty non-food Specialbuy, items can be returned for up to 60 days with or without a warranty. Some items may have warranties up to 5 years. Please check the information plate on the item or the product manual for the manufacturer’s contact details.

Quality wise both can sell the odd lemon
These users thanked the author boxedin for the post (total 2):
Job and KnockAPDIY
Rating: 14.29%
APDIY
Newly registered Member

Post by APDIY » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:17 am

MANY thanks for your comprehensive review of these to suppliers.
ALDI provide an online service which lidl don't and have a lot of tools on their for longer most for delivery (currently free over £20) and £2.95 if not. They also provide a collectplus service which is useful to some. They currently have 79 tools on offer
A good addition which can save lots of driving around searching for that last remaining tool .
Warranties seem to be the same duration for similar products but are manufacturers warranties so in all probability you will need to return to manufacturer at your own cost
Is that legal? Isn't my contract with the retailer who sold it to me?

Again, many thanks.
Argyll

Post by Argyll » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:32 pm

Boxedin I bought Aldi's vacuum reduced from £60 down to £20. I returned it the following day as it wasn't worth a w*nk.
Argyll

Post by Argyll » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:39 pm

Am I missing something with all this compression lark? I thought compression tools were all the rage 20-30 years ago when cordless tools weren't a thing. I don't see the advantage of lugging a huge compressor about when cordless tools are so much more efficient now a days.
Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:10 pm

Argyll wrote:Am I missing something with all this compression lark? I thought compression tools were all the rage 20-30 years ago when cordless tools weren't a thing. I don't see the advantage of lugging a huge compressor about when cordless tools are so much more efficient now a days.
If you predominantly work from a fixed location it's a very cheap way to get a lot of tools. A DIYer might not be able to afford a full range of cordless tools and long periods of sitting on the shelf are not good for batteries. I can see the appeal in the right circumstances.
A compressor is also a super handy tool for anyone to have, if you can expand it's uses with add on tools that require no maintenance other than a bit of oil now and again it's great.

I have 2 compressors which I would have anyway, I also have a few air tools. I use the impact wrench a few times a year and the same for my little nailer/stapler, I could justify buying cordless versions of them. I use my paint sprayer even less, definitely couldn't afford one of those as a cordless/electric unit.
boxedin

Post by boxedin » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:31 pm

Argyll thanks re vacuum it makes me feel a bit better I did wonder why they were discounting so much so quick, still selling the sheppach version at screwfix for £80
Bit scared of air compressors saw one explode at British Steel theres one going off here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVP_A7eGYxw
boxedin

Post by boxedin » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:59 pm

Yes you are right Ahfix as the goods are purchased from Aldi or Lidl then your claim is with them as stated in the Consumer Rights Act of 2015

Consumer Rights Act
Under the Consumer Rights Act of 2015 you have an early right to reject goods that are unsatisfactory quality, unfit for the purpose described, and get a full refund but this right is limited to 30 days. After 30 days you cannot get a full refund only a repair or replacement Under the

Lidl and Aldi position
The two retailers go a bit further than this they offer a Change of Mind refund
Lidl offer this for 30 days however Aldi offer a 60 days Change your mind refunds policy (keep receipt and packaging and return in a clean condition) this is for any reason not just because it breaks down. You will need a returns form so ring the Customer service department
Aldi https://customerservice.aldi.co.uk/contact
Lidl https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Contact-Us-4187.htm

Consumer Rights Act
After 30 days, Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 any DIY goods you buy must be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described.  If you discover your item is faulty then you are entitled to complain to the retailer.upto 6 months if your item cannot be repaired or replaced you are entitled to a full refund in most cases  If you have purchased a branded item from the retailer then they are still responsible for sorting out your complaint directly with you. The period of this protection is upto 6 years depending on what it is you have purchased

Aldi and Lidl position
Over and above the protection provided by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 Aldi and Lidl offer extended warrantees/guarentees of upto 3 years from the manufacturer
Aldi
After the 60 days Aldis position is that the fastest way is to contact the manufacturers helpline direct and then ring Aldis customer service team. Regardless your case is against Aldi

Lidls offer seems more generous
Non-Food specials items
a) Faulty Non-Food specials items
- Within 12 months of purchase:
If you are not satisfied with the quality of a non-food specials item purchased at one of our stores, you may return the item within one year of purchase with your receipt or proof of purchase to one of our stores, for a replacement (where available) or a full refund.
- After 12 months of purchase:
If more than 12 months after purchase you find a fault with the quality of a non-food specials item purchased at one of our stores, please contact our Customer Services department for assistance and an experienced operator will talk you through your options.

Credit Card Purchase
Another difference between Aldi and Lidl is that Aldi accept credit cards and credit card purchases give you additional protection

If you paid by credit card and the amount was more than £100 and less than £30,000 (including VAT), you should contact your credit card company to see if you are covered by ‘equal liability’ (sometimes called Section 75). This is very often the case and simply means that your credit card provider is jointly responsible with the trader for compensating you when things go wrong.

If you encounter a problem then moneysavingsexpert have a system called Resolver which might be helpful and save time
https://www.resolver.co.uk/complaints/shops-complaints
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... ty-product

How to Return
Aldi are specific on online returns and say you can return either to store, direct to manufacturer of via collectplus. Heavy items by ringing customer services .
Lidl
Upto 12 months return to store theirafter contact customer services

Parkside 3 Year Guarentee
There are exclusions in the product manual eg For private not commercial use, improper use, user opening machine up,does not cover parts that are subject to normal wear and tear eg switches, precise adherence to operating instructions, correct maintenance
These users thanked the author boxedin for the post:
APDIY
Rating: 7.14%

Return to “Bargain Tools”