Sizes rant

This forum is for topics or posts that do not fit into any other forum, this includes online games such as word Association etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Someone-Else

Re: Sizes rant

Post by Someone-Else »

That's my mate Daryl.
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
Nos

Re: Sizes rant

Post by Nos »

The wife has been in the "Rag" trade since the sixties, in those days and up until the eighties the majority of clothes were made by skilled machinists, they had a long apprenticeship and had to be good at their job, they were all on piece rate, so speed and skill had to be balanced with quality, my wife was one of the best and was always in work and often being poached for rival firms, the downside was the garments price :cb When the consumer boom took off we all had cheaper clothing, but made with unskilled workers, when looking for new clothes my DW always checks the stitching :roll: and gives her opinion. There is a pattern made for clothes and then layer upon layer of cloth is laid to about 20/30 cm height, the pattern put on top and the fabric cut out, it then goes to the machinists to be sown, so labour intensive, and lots of room for error, even the tightness of the stitch can make a difference. And dont think that branded names are any different either, the only thing that DW made in one size was funeral shrouds :shock: there was only a different set made for Yorkshire folk, they had pockets in them :lol: Nos

Return to “The Lounge”