Ie fixing the ceiling trim and for metal track
Why do people use/recommend for fixing?
Currently use plugs and screws

Many thanks
Job and Knock
Old School Chippie

Re: What paslode do you recommend

Post by Job and Knock »

For metal track into screeded floors and onto steels I currently use a Spit Pulsa 700 (now defunct model - replaced by the 800P). Paslode themselves don't do a concrete nailer - as the parent firm (ITW) also happen to own Spit (who are, incidentally French with all that may imply). Were I buying again I'd definitely go for a Hilti GX-120 simply because Spit downright screw you on spares (come on guys, £130 discounted for a 6 volt 1Ah battery?) and their support is diabolically bad. There are other cheaper solutions on the market but parts backup, etc may be an issue on a tool you depend on for your livelihood. The Hilti gun is also very popular so you do see more of them around than the Spit guns. If you do go the Spit route, go for the later 800P and contact BeA Fasteners in Hull for or gas and concrete nails - they are fully compatible, won't gunk your gun up and are about half the price of the Spit OEM stuff (whilst being functionally identical) providing you buy £80 to £100 worth at a time). Maybe worth taking a look at their compatible concrete nailer as well if you are on their web site. Good firm. Knowledgeable. Recommended

For perimeter track on suspended ceilings I do use a Paslode - the IM200 gas stapler which in design terms is positively prehistoric (mine is probably 20 years old). Eye-watering price. It fires a special narrow crown staple (which can be hard to source) but is really limited to just that one function - so not much use on MF or the like as it won't give you a good enough fix into walls unless there's already a shadow batten there. Shadow battens I still SDS, plug and screw as nailing just causes them to explode! (They are, after all, poor quality wood)
"The person who never made a mistake, never made anything" - Albert Einstein

"I too will something make, And joy in the making" - Robert Bridges, 1844~1930

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell from The Triumph of Stupidity", 1933

Return to “Tool Talk”