Weird stuff

This forum is for topics or posts that do not fit into any other forum, this includes online games such as word Association etc.

Moderator: Moderators

ayjay

Weird stuff

Post by ayjay »

One of the weirdest things I've ever seen occurred this morning.

I drove to my local supermarket and parked up.

Sitting for a couple of minutes to finish my nicotine stick I looked out of the side window.

The window was wet with rain, it wasn't spots of rain, but a whole series of vertical wet lines across the full width of the window.

Walking towards me (not really towards me but in that direction) was a man wearing shorts.

At every pace, his lead leg appeared to double or treble in size below the knee and then shrink back again as the other leg grew and then shrank.

I quite quickly worked out that the vertical lines of water must be acting as magnifying lenses and the rhythm and angle of his walk in respect to my position was just right to achieve this effect.

I think that has to be the only sensible explanation and I'd really love to see it again.

It was just so funny to watch: Monty Python couldn't have made it up. :-)

If anyone wants to try and reproduce the effect, the lines on the window were quite closely spaced, no more than 25mm centres and at a guess the guy was walking from about 20° - 30° off a perpendicular line from the side of my van.
One day it will all be firewood.
wine~o

Re: Weird stuff

Post by wine~o »

are you sure that was tobacco you were smoking ???? :hiding:
These users thanked the author wine~o for the post (total 3):
chrrrisDave54QualityKitchens
Rating: 21.43%
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

Good luck replicating those circumstances, sometimes things just perfectly fall into place to create a situation that is near impossible to recreate.

The only one that comes to mine right now is not amusing, it was when my mother slammed a car door while my hand was still on the roof helping me lower myself into the car.
The door shut full while my hand was there, my arm inside, my fingers sicking up on the outside. My mother nearly threw up as she was convinced she would open the door and my fingers would drop off. I thought the same.
When the door was opened, my fingers were totally unharmed, somehow my fingers had perfectly formed to shape the of the door seal.

We tried (carefully) to replicate the circumstances but no matter how we tried we could never find space for fingers in that gap with the door shut.

Since then I have never closed a door for someone else without looking carefully and my mother refuses to do it full stop as the memory still makes her feel sick.
Dave54

Post by Dave54 »

chrrris

Post by chrrris »

Glitch in the matrix :-)
These users thanked the author chrrris for the post:
Argyll
Rating: 7.14%
Haste is the enemy of quality.
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

chrrris wrote:Glitch in the matrix :-)
Depends which pill he took :lol:
fin

Post by fin »

its mad when weird stuff happens. like years ago the back wheel fell off my van. bounced over a bunch of school kids. me and my mate ran after it and eventually it hit a phone box and there was a old man in the phone box who stuck his head out and said i think thats yours mate :lol: :lol: :lol:
jacksouth
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0

Post by jacksouth »

That is amazing! Once in a lifetime thing for sure.
QualityKitchens
Newly registered Member

Post by QualityKitchens »

wine~o wrote:are you sure that was tobacco you were smoking ???? :hiding:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That tickled me!

Return to “The Lounge”