Damp appearing on dining room wall

This Forum is for all questions relating to Rising damp, Penetrating Damp, Basement Drainage, Cracked Masonry and Wall tie replacement.

Moderator: Moderators

jambo0611
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Damp appearing on dining room wall

Post by jambo0611 »

Hi there, I recently purchased a property that had a few damp issues caused by cavity wall insulation, property is an old property and the cavity wall insulation was soaked inside. I have since had this removed and plastered each wall. recently there has been damp patches in the shape of bricks appear halfway up my wall, also a small patch of plaster has bubbled and left a white chalky patch which I have since sanded back. I hope the picture has attached ok for you to see what I mean. Any idea what is causing this? thanks in advance
Jamie
Attachments
damp.jpg
damp.jpg (100.96 KiB) Viewed 2281 times
wine~o

Re: Damp appearing on dining room wall

Post by wine~o »

:welcomeuhm: the bubbling up you describe is called "efflorescence" salts escaping from damp walls... I can't help but wonder if there is some insulation still remaining ... only way to be sure would be an inspection camera.
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk

Return to “Damp Proofing and Remedial problems”