Moderator: Moderators

Ibsen3
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Edge of roof section jutting out

Post by Ibsen3 »

Hello,

I've had this problem for over a year now: https://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq7 ... C00001.jpg
ibsen.jpg
ibsen.jpg (90.57 KiB) Viewed 1369 times
Basically, the edge of the rooftop has been knocked out of sync, possibly due to the tiles being displaced. I just wanted to know if this really was a serious issue and how urgent it needs to be besides getting some idea of the costs for fixing it and who might have the skills in my area.

Thanks for any help,

- Steve

pic attached. Mod 2.
Grendel

Re: Edge of roof section jutting out

Post by Grendel »

I did a similar job just recently . It didn't take long at all to refix the loose piece. Probably took longer to put up the ladders . The out of line plastic in itself isn't desperately serious but when you say some of the roof tiles have been displaced I would say it certainly needs looking at as that sounds a tad more serious.
Ibsen3
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Ibsen3 »

I don't actually know if the roof tiles have been displaced at all. I'm just assuming they could have been based on what I see. I don't have a ladder big enough to get up there to see. I'm just worried because I've left it so long that it might deteriorate.
Grendel

Post by Grendel »

It could be they have been dislodged by strong winds then , not uncommon . The one I did recently required me to put up a ladder to the front of the house , pull up the roof ladder , climb that to the ridge and then put the roof ladder over onto the rear slope of the roof and climb down to refit the plastic because it was impossible to either take the ladders round the back or to get access from the sides. Luckily not on my own so I had someone to help me pull up tools and foot the ladder.
As I say not desperately serious but I'd get a local roofer or handyman to pop up for a look.

Return to “Building Forum”