Moderator: Moderators

RRoberts21
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dormer cost

Post by RRoberts21 »

Hi all.
I have a chalet style home and the upstairs bedrooms have sloped walls either side due to the shape of the house and size of roof. the bathroom currently has a dormer (when i bought it) but i was hoping to get a very rough estimate on how much a dormer on either side of the house about 3m long to square up the wall and add a little more space in the bedrooms
many thanks
Grendel

Re: Dormer cost

Post by Grendel »

Questions of cost are virtually impossible to answer on an Internet forum. There are so many variables that you really need to get a few quotes from local builders and compare them .
Gadget
Jack Of All Trades

Post by Gadget »

It's the old "how long is a piece of string" question.
By eck! ©
steviejoiner74

Post by steviejoiner74 »

Get 3 local builders to give you a quote. You’ll not get a pro blind pricing a job on a forum. What if I tell you it’ll cost 8 grand and a local builder says 15?
Carpentry,I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.
Someone-Else

Post by Someone-Else »

:thumbleft: to steviejoiner74

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

RRoberts21, After all, would you really want to say, some bloke on a forum, who has never even seen the job, who has no idea where the job is, or what is really involved said it should only be "not alot"
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
ahfix

Post by ahfix »

RRoberts21 wrote:Hi all.
I have a chalet style home and the upstairs bedrooms have sloped walls either side due to the shape of the house and size of roof. the bathroom currently has a dormer (when i bought it) but i was hoping to get a very rough estimate on how much a dormer on either side of the house about 3m long to square up the wall and add a little more space in the bedrooms
many thanks

I have a similar house and i'm based in Central Scotland. I was given a ballpark / thumb suck estimate of £15k for removing two smaller dormers and replacing with a continuous 7 meter dormer. Obviously you can't just take my quote and half it, things like structural changes will add substantially to the cost.

AH

Return to “Carpentry/Joinery Forum”