Roof tiles on a varying pitched roof

All building related posts in this forum please

Moderator: Moderators

alex2001
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Roof tiles on a varying pitched roof

Post by alex2001 »

Hi all, wonder if anyone could give me some advice. I wanted to build a new pitched roof to replace my flat leaking one between the side of my house and garage. However due to being on a corner plot our garage isn't parallel to the house so the gap between the two at the front is just over 1m whilst at the rear is 3m. Due to the the pitch of the roof would change between 41degrees at the front to 18degres at the back (7.5m front to back). I've found tiles that go down to 15degree pitch but people I've spoken to so far don't think tiles will be able to accomodate the gradual change in pitch between the front and the back?

Any ideas

Thanks
Grumps

Re: Roof tiles on a varying pitched roof

Post by Grumps »

I had a similar problem when I wanted to construct what is, in effect, a covered corridor between the side of the house and the garage 'block' which is sited to the front of the house, and the rear of which forms part of the boundary, plus the boundary then tapers towards the rear of the house.

I used a local Plan Drawer (or whatever) found from the Classified Ads in the local paper.

His solution was to use a 'sunken roof'. i.e. Viewed from either side one sees ridge tiles. But they are not the same ridge tiles. :wink: It could be a solution to your situation.

In effect, when viewed from the side, you would be seeing the ridge tiles of a continuous 41 degrees but behind those would be a sunken roof that has a slight gradient towards the rear of the garage.

Return to “Building Forum”