Looking for recommendations on new boiler

Questions about central heating and boiler questions in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

mermaidnwuk
Newly registered Member

Looking for recommendations on new boiler

Post by mermaidnwuk »

Good afternoon, everyone

I am looking to change my gas boiler as the current one is on its last legs and am looking for recommendations. My boiler-servicing company have told me that they can no longer get replacement parts for it - and it has had quite a few in the 10+ years I have had it. I live in a parkhome (posh name for a mobile home) it has 2 bedrooms, one bathroom and 7 radiators (5 of them doubles), am on mains gas and shower works off boiler.

What would any of you suggest as replacement? Can I still have a combi boiler or are condensing boilers compulsory for the general public?

Thanks for your advice.
PLB

Re: Looking for recommendations on new boiler

Post by PLB »

mermaidnwuk wrote:Good afternoon, everyone

I am looking to change my gas boiler as the current one is on its last legs and am looking for recommendations. My boiler-servicing company have told me that they can no longer get replacement parts for it - and it has had quite a few in the 10+ years I have had it. I live in a parkhome (posh name for a mobile home) it has 2 bedrooms, one bathroom and 7 radiators (5 of them doubles), am on mains gas and shower works off boiler.

What would any of you suggest as replacement? Can I still have a combi boiler or are condensing boilers compulsory for the general public?

Thanks for your advice.
All Combi boilers have been condensing types for quite a long time now.
There should be no problem that I can think of in replacing your current Combi with a new CombI. :thumbright:
If you do a search of the forums you will find Intergas comes highly recommend. :-)
BTW, do you know your current boiler make/model.
gas4you

Post by gas4you »

I am currently fitting Intergas boilers.

If I was your installer I would price for an eco rf24 or eco rf30 depending on your cold mains flow and hot water requirements.
Dave

www.drlgas.co.uk
mermaidnwuk
Newly registered Member

Post by mermaidnwuk »

gas4you wrote:I am currently fitting Intergas boilers.

If I was your installer I would price for an eco rf24 or eco rf30 depending on your cold mains flow and hot water requirements.
PLB wrote:
mermaidnwuk wrote:Good afternoon, everyone

Thanks for your advice.
All Combi boilers have been condensing types for quite a long time now.
There should be no problem that I can think of in replacing your current Combi with a new CombI. :thumbright:
If you do a search of the forums you will find Intergas comes highly recommend. :-)
BTW, do you know your current boiler make/model.

Good morning,

My boiler is a Chaffoteaux & Maury MX2 24FF, I have 7 radiators (5 of them doubles) and my shower is run off the boiler. My water pressure allows me to fill a 1 litre container in 5 seconds, from the cold tap.

I did post a comment about this same boiler, on this Forum, on Wednesday, 17 February, 2016. The fault reported then still exists to this day. Too many CH engineers to count have attended and failed to resolve the problem.

Are intergas boilers readily available to local CH companies/fitters? I live in Barrow-in-Furness.

Thanks, again, for any assistance and help.
gas4you wrote:I am currently fitting Intergas boilers.

gas4you

Post by gas4you »

In that case the Eco rf24 would suffice.

Yes they are available to any gas safe registered installer.

Razor, on here, may even know a good one near you.
Dave

www.drlgas.co.uk

Return to “Central Heating & Boilers”