Fill basement leak from inside

This Forum is for all questions relating to Rising damp, Penetrating Damp, Basement Drainage, Cracked Masonry and Wall tie replacement.

Moderator: Moderators

krg298
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fill basement leak from inside

Post by krg298 »

I’m new to this.

The subject doesn’t explain this well.

I have just moved into a renovated 120 year old stone terraced house. We’re planning on getting the cellar tanked (membrane, channel and sump). We’ve been here 5 weeks (not tanked yet) the cellar got very wet - much wetter than on viewings - the survey said it was damp but not any worse than a cellar is expected.

We (Yorkshire water) round that next doors old cast pipe appears to have been split beneath the ground for years, eating away at the earth and leaking into our cellar (the developer clearly had a dehumidifier in and took it out before viewings etc)...

We’ve had the problem fixed professionally today (new pipe work and filled 1 foot void around pipe work).

Next job - we have an industrial dehumidifier in and it’s doing a good job. However, I pulled plaster off as I could see water coming through. Small channels have formed where the water was making its way in. I’m concerned there may be some voids or at least channels. We can’t get under it as the new extension is built over it so there is no access.

So, my question is, is there a liquid cement or resin injection I can use internally to fill the channels. The water won’t come back as the leak is fixed but I want to make sure it’s fully protected before the membrane is fastened to the walls.

Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions?

Return to “Damp Proofing and Remedial problems”