Replacing incandescent fitting with led

All electrical lighting questions in here please. Including outside lighting and light switch / dimmer questions.

Moderator: Moderators

MalloryWeiss
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Replacing incandescent fitting with led

Post by MalloryWeiss »

Hi,

Replacing bathroom cabinet which previous had an integrated incandescent fitting with a pull switch at the bottom and no wall switch.

New cabinet doesn’t have light so looking at getting a separate one. All seem to be LED fittings and many don’t seem to come with a driver.

What is the best way of way of wiring a switch into the new installation? Are there drivers with integrated switches? Or should I just wire in a switch between mains and driver? Or something else all together??

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Someone-Else

Re: Replacing incandescent fitting with led

Post by Someone-Else »

Since LED "Drivers" are often hidden away what would be the point of adding a switch to them? (Rhetorical question)

I would suggest your second option, add a switch between the supply and the LED driver, that way the switch can be where you want, and you can hide the driver.
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)

Return to “Lighting”