Heads up, Amazon PRIME

This forum is for topics or posts that do not fit into any other forum, this includes online games such as word Association etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Someone-Else

Heads up, Amazon PRIME

Post by Someone-Else »

I just paid for something on Amazon, and I had no choice but to get a free PRIME trial, which then charges you every month or year for the service. I do NOT want it (not worth it for me) so if you do buy anything be aware, and do what I did, cancel it immediately. You go into your account and check setting and cancel prime, although it is a pain, its easy to do.
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Re: Heads up, Amazon PRIME

Post by big-all »

i am sure you had a choice not to accept the free trial to get free postage :lol:
you could have opted to pay the postage :lol:
any way as you chose the free deliver subscribe to prime the answer will off course be in the txcs but suspect cancel by at the latest 21 days would be a safe option
we are all ------------------still learning
Someone-Else

Post by Someone-Else »

big-all wrote:i am sure you had a choice not to accept the free trial to get free postage :lol:
I am sure you are 100% Wrong.
Postage was free on the item I ordered, the only difference was when it is delivered, prime is next day (Today) standard is Monday, I chose Monday, and I still got signed up :angryfire:

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

You still must have clicked something wrong, I have ordered plenty of stuff on amazon and never been signed up for prime.
dewaltdisney

Post by dewaltdisney »

It is a clever trick they use, it requires very good concentration to find the bypass. I got caught but it was for a month's free trial. I hammered it and bought a few things post free that made them attractively priced for low cost. I watched a few bits on Amazon telly as well. I then cancelled it at no cost. To be fair if you buy a bit off Amazon it is actually a good deal over a year.

But if not just watch that clever screen that is designed for impatient clicking.

DWD
ayjay

Post by ayjay »

Rorschach wrote:You still must have clicked something wrong, I have ordered plenty of stuff on amazon and never been signed up for prime.
:withstupid:
One day it will all be firewood.
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

Grump..... the number of times I've had to 'fix' the missusses PC to delete all the cr@p she downloads because she just presses 'accept' no matter WHAT she's looking at really hacks me off...... :angryfire:

and Yes, we have Amazon Prime - it's just as well we actually use it!
Don't take it personally......
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

someone-else wrote:
big-all wrote:i am sure you had a choice not to accept the free trial to get free postage :lol:
I am sure you are 100% Wrong.
Postage was free on the item I ordered, the only difference was when it is delivered, prime is next day (Today) standard is Monday, I chose Monday, and I still got signed up :angryfire:
ok you clicked it by mistake :lol:
thats easy done it says somthing like free postage try amazon-prime
we are all ------------------still learning
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

I've had the Prime trial a few times and always set the calender on my phone top cancel the day before payment is taken off. I forgot one time but I called them and they refunded me the payment.

I bit the bullet a few months ago and I just pay it now as I order quite a lot from them and they have a locker just down the road from me.

Their TV is pish.
PatBS
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Post by PatBS »

The Free Trial is offered once a year and I swear every Christmas I get it and then forget about cancelling it and then get charged :(
Someone-Else

Post by Someone-Else »

Nope, i never pressed anything I shouldn't i never wanted free delivery and i still got signed up.

Try it your self, order something then cancel it. you will be signed up to prime

Kev888

Post by Kev888 »

There are now some items being offered by amazon that you must be (or become) a prime member to buy; perhaps it was one of those? The prices are usually keen so presumably yet another way to get people to become prime members.

Thankfully, for most mainstream tools etc there are enough competitors offering reasonable alternatives; personally i would £lose out by becoming a prime member. But as a regular and loyal amazon customer it is still annoying to see them restricting items in this way.
Kev
Razor

Post by Razor »

Actually I know three people that have all signed up to Prime by mistake it's very easy to do and they don't make it clear enough that you pay for it.

Having said that they all got refunds after complaining
I think I'll take two chickens...

Return to “The Lounge”