Pained textured paintable wallpaper gone wrong

Painting and decorating, plaster mouldings, Artexing questions

Moderator: Moderators

donmaico
Been thanked: 0

Pained textured paintable wallpaper gone wrong

Post by donmaico »

This has never happened to me before but ast year I re-papered my bathroom with one of those paintable textured vinyl wallpapers and then covered it with three coats of kitchen and bathroom Dulux emulsions only to find to my horror that the paint not only remained sticky but started to peel off. Someone suggested to me that the two are not compatible but that I might solve the problem by painting the whole surface with Zinzer 123 primer and then give further coats of emulsion. I can't see that would work somehow and I suspect I will have to restart the project again but what infuriates me is that there was no mention on either product of this supposed incompatibility so I was wondering if anyone here could advise me Thanks
fitzy
CLOSED ACCOUNT

Re: Pained textured paintable wallpaper gone wrong

Post by fitzy »

I can't see how the two wouldn't be compatible. Kitchen and bathroom paint is only a retail version of acrylic eggshell.

As long as your paper had dried out properly and the room is well ventilated, you shouldn't really have a problem.

Sounds like a dodgy batch of paint to me.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author fitzy for the post:
donmaico
Rating: 7.14%
donmaico
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pained textured paintable wallpaper gone wrong

Post by donmaico »

fitzy wrote:I can't see how the two wouldn't be compatible. Kitchen and bathroom paint is only a retail version of acrylic eggshell.

As long as your paper had dried out properly and the room is well ventilated, you shouldn't really have a problem.

Sounds like a dodgy batch of paint to me.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk
yes I guess that could be the case, after all, if there was a case of incompatibility it would probably say so somewhere

Return to “Painting & Decorating Forum”