looking for London professional to help with possible leak

This Forum is for all questions relating to Rising damp, Penetrating Damp, Basement Drainage, Cracked Masonry and Wall tie replacement.

Moderator: Moderators

ColinR
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

looking for London professional to help with possible leak

Post by ColinR »

There may be a leak from my bathroom into the flat below mine. As this affects others, I'm looking for a professional tradesperson who can help me fix this. Can anyone suggest someone in London?

In my bathroom, the issue may be as simple as the caulking around my bathtub, but I'd want to careful look to see if anything else is the problem.

In the flat below, there may be damp coming down the wall and wallpaper peeling.

Thank you,

Colin
wes56

Re: looking for London professional to help with possible le

Post by wes56 »

impossible to say without photos of the bath/enclosure/shower valve and floor?a snap of the floor and wall below would help?
what about the WC and basin supplies and waste?have you removed the bath panel and looked under the bath.is there a seperate shower stall?
ColinR
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Re: looking for London professional to help with possible le

Post by ColinR »

Thanks @wes56.

It looks like it may have been a false alarm: I brought an experienced builder in whose only concern about the room below was that it wasn't in very good repair. He does a lot of insurance work, and definitively stated that there was no mould; if there was any damp, a dehumidifier for a week would sort it.

I'll replace the silicon around my bathtub just in case (so may be back with proper questions next time). He looked under the tub as well, and didn't see anything to worry him.

Colin

Return to “Damp Proofing and Remedial problems”