20A Double Pole Switch alternative?

All your electrical questions regarding electrics from within the United Kingdom

Moderator: Moderators

lvturner
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

20A Double Pole Switch alternative?

Post by lvturner »

Hi all,

My house came installed with a load of really rubbish 'smart' switches. I'm looking to replace, them, but the problem is I have several 20A Double Pole Switches for fans and air-conditioning units, and I'm really struggling to find matching sets of things (the way things are set up, it'll look really odd if we miss-match) the main sticking point seems to be the 20A Double Pole switches, it seems easy enough to find the 1&2 gang switches I need, but not these heavier load ones.

Are there any alternative options I could use for these switches? Or am I destined to just hunt for ages until I find a full set?

I should note, I'm in HK rather than UK, but as far as I'm aware most of the electrics are compatible, and due to language issues will likely order from a UK supplier.

Thanks all for any advice or enlightenment!
Bob225

Re: 20A Double Pole Switch alternative?

Post by Bob225 »

Most manufactures have 20amp dp switches as part of there range what make do you currently have
lvturner
Newly registered Member

Post by lvturner »

http://www.carrot-home.com/product.php?id=20

This is the current switch I have. Problem is, the switches from this manufacturer are really unreliable (I've never had a light switch fail until now, and I've had several of these fail).

My final option is perhaps to replace their electronic switches with their standard mechanical ones, but I'm not sure I wish to buy from here again ;)
Bob225

Post by Bob225 »

do you want a similar style ?
lvturner
Newly registered Member

Post by lvturner »

Nah, as long as they are dark in colour and I can cover the screws over, I'm not too fussy - just really struggling to find any fully matching sets (need 1gang, 2gang and these 20A DPs) anywhere that I know to look.

Return to “Electric Forum UK”