Moderator: Moderators

moggal
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New Shower Cubicle in Bathroom Alcove

Post by moggal »

Hey Everybody :)

Im brand new to the forum and im hoping to get some valuable advice from everybody.

I have an alcove in my bathroom which currently has my bathroom sink in it, im planning to move the sink and install a shower cubicle. I am a total beginner to anything "building" wise but im confident with the right advice im more than capable of doing it. I have a series of questions that im gonna ask one at a time so i can be 100% sure im getting this correct the first time and that i dont floor my house.

The picture below shows the alcove where i want the shower, the water and waste pipes run into the wall and then along the wall to the bath. (marked in red)

I will be moving the sink to where the white cabinet is (the one with the green towells ontop).

Would i be able to use the existing pipes that the sink uses for the new shower, and then tap into the pipes to create supply to where im going to put the sink in its new position.

With my house being only 4 years old all the water pipes are plastic so are pretty simple to work with compared to other types (iv been told)

Thanks for your help :)

wine~o

Re: New Shower Cubicle in Bathroom Alcove

Post by wine~o »

:welcomeuhm:

No issue at all with the water supply, might be with the waste (getting the correct fall) what size in mm is the alcove ? (depth x width)

one other consideration is the downlighter over where the proposed shower will be. might need changing to selv IP rated fitting.
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
moggal
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by moggal »

Thanks for your reply :)

Iv researched and with a riser kit for the shower tray to make the tray higher, it would have similar fall to the sink.

RE the light i have already sourced a waterproof bathroom DU10 style fitting for that area.

Just wanted to check that tapping into an existing water pipe was ok.

Thanks for your advice.
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

The basin will need an anti-syphon bottle trap assuming the shower/basin/bath are all connected to the same waste pipe.
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk

Return to “Plumbing Forum”