Room thermostat

Questions about central heating and boiler questions in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

themoog
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0

Room thermostat

Post by themoog »

Hi chaps. I have a Honeywell dial room thermostat which makes a strange hissing noise as it clicks off when the room reaches temp. This also interferes with the audio signal on the Sony home theatre system.
Im not sure if the stat is knackered but today a bought a Salus digital stat. I removed the old one to find 3 wires..
I wired it what i thought was correct but it popped the fuse that protects the programmer. I rewired differently and it popped again.
Which wires go where? I have black, brown and brown with a blue collar on it. The solid brown had permanent live.
The honeywell was connected thus- term 1-brown, term 2-brown blue, term 3-black.
The Salus has 1- common term, 2 switched live off, 3 switched live on.
What do you recon?
PLB

Re: Room thermostat

Post by PLB »

If possible can you post the model of your old Honeywell stat and the model of your new Salus stat and for good measure the make model of your boiler.
themoog
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0

Post by themoog »

The boiler is Potterton promax 30sl. Salus RT310, Honeywell is T6360b i believe.
PLB

Post by PLB »

Based on your information.

Transfer the Brown wire from terminal 1 on the Honeywell to terminal 1 (Com) on the Salus

Transfer the Black wire from terminal 3 on the Honeywell to terminal 3 (No) on the Salus

As your Salus uses batteries you do not need the (Neutral) Brown-Blue wire so remove it from terminal 2 on the Honeywell and put a block connector on the end of the cable.

Hopefully you have not damaged the Salus and/or programmer by inadvertently making the wrong connections ! !

Return to “Central Heating & Boilers”