Moderator: Moderators

kevster
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wall hung pean fitting through wall

Post by kevster »

Hi all,
This may be a really dumb question, but all the concealed frame/cisterns I see available have an elbow fitting for a vertical connection of the waste pipe through the floor. I want to fit the waste pipe horizontally through the wall to the waste pipe that runs down the wall outside the house. Is there any reason why I can't do this? Was just uncertain due to available frame/cistern setups all having the elbow.
Cheers for any advice/experience
Kev
wes56

Re: Wall hung pean fitting through wall

Post by wes56 »

i dont see why not but i dont knowwhat your workin with. could beproblems might come when you latertry to remove the wc.
outside are you sure its clear to run and connect to the soil pipe?
kevster
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by kevster »

wes56 wrote:i dont see why not but i dont knowwhat your workin with. could beproblems might come when you latertry to remove the wc.
outside are you sure its clear to run and connect to the soil pipe?
Hi
Thanks for answer. Access for soil pipe outside is clear and side access to existing soil pipe is already there with a plug in. Just seemed odd that the frame/cisterns were all supplied with an elbow for the waste when I would have thought anyone fitting upstairs would often want to exit through wall - so was just making sure I wasn't missing something (having never fitted wall-hung with concealed cistern before).
Cheers
Kev
Someone-Else

Post by Someone-Else »

wes56 wrote:outside are you sure its clear to run and connect to the soil pipe?

Our runs strait from the pan, directly behind it through the wall (i just looked)
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)

Return to “Plumbing Forum”